Muhammad...

/ Muhammad... #1  

Richard

Elite Member
Tractor
International 1066 Full sized JCB Loader/Backhoe and a John Deere 430 to mow with
Just an observation. (or maybe I'm noticing something that doesn't exist?)

When responding to a comment I hit "quote" to put the quote process in, I FIRST usually copy the text to memory..then hit quote, then paste. I noticed I pasted AFTER the "closing"quote (rather than within the brackets, and ultimately, I messed up my attempt. I'd imagine others do it the same way. (please dont tell me I'm the only one /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif )

Maybe that is how it should be, maybe I'm doing something wrong, maybe it doesn't matter & I have too much time on my hands? /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

but, thought I'd mention it to you in case you want the cursor to "automatically" post to INSIDE the quote markup, rather than outside. I think I've noticed a couple other instances where others have done same thing without catching it.

I gotta say... if all we can be cranky about is cursor placement upon hitting the instant markup shortcut... you GOTTA be doing something right?

/forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif <--you & your partners

/forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif <--me

/ Muhammad...
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( )</font> Just an observation

Just to give you an example

/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Muhammad... #3  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Just an observation. (or maybe I'm noticing something that doesn't exist?)

When responding to a comment I hit "quote" to put the quote process in, I FIRST usually copy the text to memory..then hit quote, then paste. I noticed I pasted AFTER the "closing"quote (rather than within the brackets, and ultimately, I messed up my attempt. I'd imagine others do it the same way. (please dont tell me I'm the only one /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif )

Maybe that is how it should be, maybe I'm doing something wrong, maybe it doesn't matter & I have too much time on my hands? /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

but, thought I'd mention it to you in case you want the cursor to "automatically" post to INSIDE the quote markup, rather than outside. I think I've noticed a couple other instances where others have done same thing without catching it.

I gotta say... if all we can be cranky about is cursor placement upon hitting the instant markup shortcut... you GOTTA be doing something right?

/forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif <--you & your partners

/forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif <--me )</font>

The above occurs when you hit the QUOTE Button

</font><font color="blue" class="small">( ( I FIRST usually copy the text to memory..then hit quote, then paste. ) )</font>

This occurs, when you use the "Instant Markup Quote"
...and yes "if you don't place the cursor back between the {Quote} [/b]X-here[/b] {/Quote}... you will end up pasting outside the quote boundaries...

Perhaps Ibrahim can rewrite this routine to automatically place the cursor between the quote boundaries and eliminate the extra mouse movement... /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ Muhammad...
Hi John..

that was my thinking.. my thought process was, if "I" was creative enough to design a place like this (I'm not), then I'd want the cursor to automatically go to the middle, rather than to the end. (my wife will tell you I'm not creative, but I am ****) anyway, maybe no one cares, maybe no one notices, but I figure, they might like little things like brought to their attention. ( I do)

Anyway, tis theirs to do with as they please.

/forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif