Mule or Ranger (diesel or Gas)?

/ Mule or Ranger (diesel or Gas)?
Just found out that the wife loves the smell of diesel (not sure if she like the noise or vibration)... taking her to "try it out" tomorrow.... I'll keep you posted.

/ Mule or Ranger (diesel or Gas)? #22  
JC4HD,

That's not much of a price difference. Advertised prices around Central Texas are about $1000 more for the diesel compared to the gas Mule. Your price quote for the gas Mule sounds a little high to me.

/ Mule or Ranger (diesel or Gas)?
Fishman you are right about the Mule diesel being $1,000 more than a gas! I think this dealer just wants to blow it out for $8,500 (list is $9,995). Carver quoted $8,500 delivered to NY for the gas powered Mule... A different NY dealer quoted me $8,300 for the same mule or a Polaris Ranger.

I've ruled the diesel Mule out too noisey and vibrates like you couldn't believe!
It's down to either a gas Mule 3010 or a Polaris Ranger 4X4.

/ Mule or Ranger (diesel or Gas)? #24  
JC,
Have you seen both of them side by side? No doubt the Polaris wins. I'd even take the Polaris over the Gator. Only problem was when I was looking the Polaris was $2500 more than the Gator. No doubt in my mind though that Polaris was built very solid and they didn't mess around and go cheap with any part of it.

/ Mule or Ranger (diesel or Gas)? #25  
Interesting advice given 9 YEARS ago.....would the advice be the same now?
I noticed that no one mentioned GAS "fouling" if left sitting more a few months.
None mentioned "trade-in" value either. I think that $200 has grown to $1500 now (or more)
I'm in the same delimea for a GENERATOR, most are GAS but mine might sit for months.......I'm thinking DIESEL might be wiser.....
Suggestions based on 2011 costs and technologies?
Thanks
Where'd the SPELLCHECK GO?????

/ Mule or Ranger (diesel or Gas)? #26  
Looks like you have some orange there, go check out a Kubota RTV. I run the 900 am very pleased. Had a service issue with Polaris and between the dealer and Polaris headqtrs. I won't go back ! Can't go wrong with a Kubota genset either , I have a Genpro 6000 with a Lombardini air cooled diesel , it's ok but boy is it loud !