Mule Trans 3010 or Polaris Ranger - Help

/ Mule Trans 3010 or Polaris Ranger - Help #11  
I have Diesel Mule. For my money, the Mule is made for work. Tough, power, dependable but slow. The Ranger is sexy. Fast. Rides nice. But you give up workload so you can have a nice ride. I use mine for my business and it handles 115 gal spray tank and a three way boom set up like a dream.

/ Mule Trans 3010 or Polaris Ranger - Help #12  
Trans Diesel Mule with power steering as standard equipment with no bells and whistles to watch over. Kawasaki has kept the Mule relatively simple and same since the 3010 to the 4010.

/ Mule Trans 3010 or Polaris Ranger - Help #13  
No way you give up work load in a ranger. I have pulled 16 ft tandem trailers loaded with fire wood through to woods in mud, 3 crates of sweet potatos at a time. Once almost a yard of sand in the box(that was pushing it).

/ Mule Trans 3010 or Polaris Ranger - Help #14  
I have to agree with doall...you definately give nothing up with a Ranger when it comes to payload. As others have mentioned it will come down to personal preference...they are all good machines but if you are going to ride it a lot the comfort of the Polaris is a no brainer...nothing rides as smooth as a Ranger and I have road in Mule and Kubota side by side to it on my farm.

/ Mule Trans 3010 or Polaris Ranger - Help #15  
Not piling on, but there seems to be trend here. One thing I should also add, for a gasoline engine with nearly 50 HP that goes over 50 MPH if need be, my Ranger burns very little fuel. It is not as fuel efficient as my diesel Gator XUV, but given the price difference in gas and diesel right now I bet that the operation costs are fairly close.

John M

/ Mule Trans 3010 or Polaris Ranger - Help #16  
I've got a 3010 that I use everyday for farm/ranch work and use it for hunting in the fall. I've had it 8 years and just this year have had to replace the fuel pump. Thats the only trouble I ever had from this machine. My only complaint is a lack of legroom. I have arthritis in my knees and ankles and it can get more than a little uncomfortable. As far as a working rig, this thing has done everything I've needed so far.

/ Mule Trans 3010 or Polaris Ranger - Help #17  
I've got a 3010 that I use everyday for farm/ranch work and use it for hunting in the fall. I've had it 8 years and just this year have had to replace the fuel pump. Thats the only trouble I ever had from this machine. My only complaint is a lack of legroom. I have arthritis in my knees and ankles and it can get more than a little uncomfortable. As far as a working rig, this thing has done everything I've needed so far.
I have a 2008 3010 Trans Mule diesel and being 6'-4" I have found this UTV to have quite decent front seat leg room-now the back seat leg room is an entirely different story! Sorry to hear about your arthritis and I hope you have a way to keep it under control. I Wish you well.

/ Mule Trans 3010 or Polaris Ranger - Help #18  
Best recommendation is to test drive all that you are interested in. I'm going thru this right now in buying my next UTV. I currently have a 2008 Ranger 700 XP/LE and am looking to trade on a 2011. The Ranger has been 100% problem free since I've owned it -- just looking to upgrade. So far I've test driven the new Deere Gator XUV 825i, Ranger 800 XP EPS, Honda Big Red, Teryx and Rhino. Right now for me (and my wife) it is between the Ranger 800 and the Deere XUV 825i. Good luck.