Multiple problems with 2018 New Holland WM50 (470 hours)

/ Multiple problems with 2018 New Holland WM50 (470 hours) #1  

CedarBreakFarms

Tractor
New Holland 2018 WM 50 4wm #NE17241
I'm having several issues with my tractor, I suspect (hope) it just needs a good cleaning.

* first and worst, when you start it, the engine revs up to 2800 and holds there for a second before it drops back down to normal. the yellow lever on the side of the dash board doesn't work, but the foot pedal does.
* I'm getting errors 3126 and 3146 which I'm not finding in the manual. They have a picture of a little round pot.
* I'm also getting a generic yellow triangle with an exclamation point in it
* the parking brake light won't go off and there is a what looks like another error code that is a picture of the parking brake error and a little man standing beside the seat.

I can't find anyone locally to help me and I refuse to take it back to the tractor shop because last time they kept it for six weeks then told me I didn't know how to drive, when the rear clutch was going out. If anyone can point me in a direction, I would be very grateful!

/ Multiple problems with 2018 New Holland WM50 (470 hours) #2  
I'm having several issues with my tractor, I suspect (hope) it just needs a good cleaning.

* first and worst, when you start it, the engine revs up to 2800 and holds there for a second before it drops back down to normal. the yellow lever on the side of the dash board doesn't work, but the foot pedal does.
* I'm getting errors 3126 and 3146 which I'm not finding in the manual. They have a picture of a little round pot.
* I'm also getting a generic yellow triangle with an exclamation point in it
* the parking brake light won't go off and there is a what looks like another error code that is a picture of the parking brake error and a little man standing beside the seat.

I can't find anyone locally to help me and I refuse to take it back to the tractor shop because last time they kept it for six weeks then told me I didn't know how to drive, when the rear clutch was going out. If anyone can point me in a direction, I would be very grateful!

Have you considered buying the shop manual for your machine? I would imagine the codes would be listed in there. Or phone a dealer and see if they can help a bit.

/ Multiple problems with 2018 New Holland WM50 (470 hours)
I have the manual. The codes are not in it. I did find 3126 and 3146 online and will follow up on those, but nothing about the engine revving or the man/seat/parking brake issue.

/ Multiple problems with 2018 New Holland WM50 (470 hours) #4  
Do you have the SHOP manual or the OPERATOR'S manual for your New Holland tractor? They are not the same.

I suspect (hope) it just needs a good cleaning.

By 470 engine hours your tractor should have REGENERATED seven to eight times. Has REGENERATION occurred?

Last edited:
   / Multiple problems with 2018 New Holland WM50 (470 hours) #5  
I have the manual. The codes are not in it. I did find 3126 and 3146 online and will follow up on those, but nothing about the engine revving or the man/seat/parking brake issue.

I believe code 3146 means water detected in fuel. This can cause a bunch of issues if it is a common rail fuel injector pump.

Do you have the SHOP manual or the OPERATOR'S manual for your New Holland tractor? They are not the same.

I suspect (hope) it just needs a good cleaning.

By 470 engine hours your tractor should have REGENERATED seven to eight times. Has REGENERATION occurred?
I have the operators manual.

How do I know if it has regenerated?

I believe code 3146 means water detected in fuel. This can cause a bunch of issues if it is a common rail fuel injector pump.

I found that one online, but there shouldn't be any water in the fuel.

/ Multiple problems with 2018 New Holland WM50 (470 hours) #8  
Shop manual is very different beast than owner's/operator's manual. Shop manual takes you through the diagnostics, repairs & gives the actual codes. my silverado has an owners manual of maybe 140 pages that don't really tell you anything you shouldn't already know. The Shop manual runs 7 volumes & close to 7000 pages & will give me dignostic run-down/specs/repair procedures & specialty tools needed. My LS operator's manual tells me not to wear flip flops or a dress while operating, but my LS shop manual actually tells me how to actually fix stuff when the weird dashboard codes need to be converted to actual diagnostic codes.

water can get in the fuel for any number of reasons ... from leaky underground tanks at the gas station you use to high humidity & cool nights where you live to a bad breather cap on your fuel fill. Read the thread about 10K repair bill on a kubota due to water in fuel that wasn't covered by warranty. get the repair manual, buy the tools, or pay the dealer. my guess is the dealer will be cheaper & will actually get you working again.

Last edited:
Thank you for the detailed response. I talked to the dealer who has helped me in the past (about a 2hr drive each way) and he gave me some good information to try before I brought it in. I will be looking for a service manual to reference for future problems.!

/ Multiple problems with 2018 New Holland WM50 (470 hours) #10  
Any updates? Did filters do the trick, or did sensors need replacement?