Backhoe Must I Allow Total Settling of Hydraulics When I Store My Backhoe?

/ Must I Allow Total Settling of Hydraulics When I Store My Backhoe? #11  
And if you cannot get the quick connections to go together, a brass drift or some other tool can depress the ball or poppet and release the pressure. Shielded by a rag, of course, 'cuz it will go everywhere. I modified a puller with an aluminum end to do this. Part of my tool kit now!

My dad used to just tap the point of the coupler against a rib on the tire. It would squirt some, but not really enough to matter much, and it didn't ever seem to splash back on you.

/ Must I Allow Total Settling of Hydraulics When I Store My Backhoe? #12  
I keep my BH75 on a dolly most of the time. I use 3 ratchet straps (2 bucket, 1 legs) to keep it in position before I release the pressure. This way when I want to put it on I just wheel it up over the frame hooks, hook up the hydraulic lines, remove the straps and lift it into place. Install the two pins and it's done.
Super easy!

Of course it only works with the right color straps! :laughing:

Backhoe Strapped.jpg

Bucket End.jpg

/ Must I Allow Total Settling of Hydraulics When I Store My Backhoe? #13  
I typically can leave my backhoe set wherever I park it so no need for any kind of dolly set up, but it does suck when it settles and the stabilizers spread out. That and I just don't like the idea of letting it settle that way with no support. I bought a set of light weight auto jack stands (4) and put them under the main frame and pivot point. This keeps it from settling and takes the pressure off of the hydraulic system since they hold the bulk of the weight.

I always hook up the hydraulics first then adjust as needed to hook it back up again. I don't know how or why anyone would attempt to do it otherwise.

/ Must I Allow Total Settling of Hydraulics When I Store My Backhoe? #14  
There is an old joke from industrial world about parking the bosses car next to the raised stabilizers on a parked backhoe with no mechanical locks, good times....

/ Must I Allow Total Settling of Hydraulics When I Store My Backhoe? #15  
I typically can leave my backhoe set wherever I park it so no need for any kind of dolly set up, but it does suck when it settles and the stabilizers spread out. That and I just don't like the idea of letting it settle that way with no support. I bought a set of light weight auto jack stands (4) and put them under the main frame and pivot point. This keeps it from settling and takes the pressure off of the hydraulic system since they hold the bulk of the weight.

I always hook up the hydraulics first then adjust as needed to hook it back up again. I don't know how or why anyone would attempt to do it otherwise.

Agree. I store my Harbor Freight jack stands under the main frame. I relieve the pressure and don't worry about it.

/ Must I Allow Total Settling of Hydraulics When I Store My Backhoe? #16  
I release all of the hydro pressure before I store mine using the sticks..If I have it in the direct sun during the day, sometimes I have to purge the pressure with a dow rod if the BH is off, not hard and not fun.

/ Must I Allow Total Settling of Hydraulics When I Store My Backhoe? #17  
Mine is on a full body H-frame (Rhino 75 on a Kioti CK25). I just set the H-frame on some 6x6's. Put the stablizers down. Turn the tractor off before disconnecting lines. Relieve the lines with the main sticks (not the stabilizers). And it sits there nicely on the 6x6's. If the 6x6's are positioned correctly.

To hook up. Drive over. Connect lines to tractor. Raise and level. Back into hooks. Raise boom and it swings up into place. Insert pins and done.But every make BH is different, and each model tractor has it's own mounting system. Some are easier than others. I would not say mine is easy to put back one. But it is easy off and safe while off.

/ Must I Allow Total Settling of Hydraulics When I Store My Backhoe? #18  
Storing any hydraulic ram with pressure on it invites leaking of the packing and premature failure. I never do it. What you can do when reattaching, is to connect the hydraulics first and then position as desired and then mount your implement.

That's how the instructions tell you to do it when you reinstall your FEL after removing it due to the always present settling of it into the ground where you parked it.