MX 5100 Implements

/ MX 5100 Implements #11  
I don't anticipate needing forks. I can always get a set made if the need arises though. Not sure I can swing a grapple. I'm about max'd out on budget as it is. Any idea what a 3rd function valve and grapple would cost?

Ben

If at all possible, get all 3 rear remotes, 2 with the float function. You can either use one of those for your grapple as many do or get the 3rd function or diverter valve later on. You will find that it will be much easier and faster to have hydraulic adjustments for the rear. With that much land, I am thinking that you have or will have a lot of trails or roads to maintain. You will find that having hydraulic top and side links will make working those trails much much easier.

For all around brush and tree clean up, a grapple would probably be the best thing that you could purchase. For your uses no reason to get anything wider than 60" and cost should be under well under $2000.

You will find that it is common to get the best prices on new implements if purchased with and at the same time as the tractor.

Good luck with your research and purchases. ;)

/ MX 5100 Implements #12  
I got a quote on 66 in WR Long grapple (OBG-2) for about $1,700. 3rd function from WR Long is in tractor price.

/ MX 5100 Implements #13  
For all around brush and tree clean up, a grapple would probably be the best thing that you could purchase. For your uses no reason to get anything wider than 60" and cost should be under well under $2000.

You will find that it is common to get the best prices on new implements if purchased with and at the same time as the tractor.

+1. Agreed

/ MX 5100 Implements
If at all possible, get all 3 rear remotes, 2 with the float function. You can either use one of those for your grapple as many do or get the 3rd function or diverter valve later on. You will find that it will be much easier and faster to have hydraulic adjustments for the rear. With that much land, I am thinking that you have or will have a lot of trails or roads to maintain. You will find that having hydraulic top and side links will make working those trails much much easier.

Good luck with your research and purchases. ;)

We do have quite a few roads, but for the most part they are maintained by the oil company that has the lease for them. I'm definitely getting the hyd top link, I'll see what tilt will cost.

I kicked around the idea of a grapple, and apparently still am. I know it would make the work that much easier, but don't know if I'll do enough of it to justify the cost. I reckon I'll have the dealer price one out for me and if the cost looks good I'll bite.

Thanks for all the comments, keep em coming.

Ben

/ MX 5100 Implements #15  
I got a Top and Tilt with three remotes on our last tractor and wish I had done it sooner. I had used one years ago and while I liked it, figured I could live without it and did for a long time, but when I ordered my new tractor, I figured why the heck not; glad I did.

Grapple, I want one more than my wife does, so... I figured I pushed it about as far as I could when I bought the LP HR3584.

/ MX 5100 Implements #16  
The 5100 is a good value tractor. The only things negative about it are there is no brake on idiot light that would help idiots like me! And, it is a noisy machine with the turbo and HST whines. But, these are nitpick issues. I have 200 hours on mine to-date and love it.

/ MX 5100 Implements
The 5100 is a good value tractor. The only things negative about it are there is no brake on idiot light that would help idiots like me! And, it is a noisy machine with the turbo and HST whines. But, these are nitpick issues. I have 200 hours on mine to-date and love it.

I'm getting the gear model, never been a fan of HST's.

Ben

/ MX 5100 Implements #18  
Are you getting the SSAQ; didn't see it. I got a HD bucket and really like it.