MX4800 - No trans pickup screen?

/ MX4800 - No trans pickup screen? #1  

Michael In Tennessee

Gold Member
Tractor
Kubota MX4800HST
Getting ready to do 400 hour service. Based on suggested parts (only filters and oil) and looking at parts lists, I see no pickup screen. Correct? I'd hate to have to drain 12 gallons of UDT2 if I'm wrong. Pretty sure I'm right.

/ MX4800 - No trans pickup screen?
Other than cleanup, I'm done with the 400 hour service. $613 at the dealer for everything except motor oil and anti freeze. Another $100 for that. Rotella is hard to come by, BTW. My shop is a mess. I completely fumbled draining the antifreeze. Also trying to catch 12 gallons of trans oil is a slight challenge.

/ MX4800 - No trans pickup screen? #6  
Getting ready to do 400 hour service. Based on suggested parts (only filters and oil) and looking at parts lists, I see no pickup screen. Correct? I'd hate to have to drain 12 gallons of UDT2 if I'm wrong. Pretty sure I'm right.
Kubotas draw trans oil through the filter(s). Owner's book may say 11.6 gal but its more like 8 unless every pump, cylinder, filter and cooler is dry.

Attachments

• MX4800 common items.jpg
    MX4800 common items.jpg
    248.6 KB · Views: 50
Last edited:
   / MX4800 - No trans pickup screen? #7  
Fluid drain on either of my m9's is just shy of 15 gallons. I use an old junk truck aluminum fuel tank cut in 3rds. You pull the single drain plug and you'd swear it was an up side down oil gusher.

/ MX4800 - No trans pickup screen? #8  
Other than cleanup, I'm done with the 400 hour service. $613 at the dealer for everything except motor oil and anti freeze. Another $100 for that. Rotella is hard to come by, BTW. My shop is a mess. I completely fumbled draining the antifreeze. Also trying to catch 12 gallons of trans oil is a slight challenge.
About 7 gallons on the too high side.

/ MX4800 - No trans pickup screen?
Well, I got just about 10 gallons. Maybe 9.

/ MX4800 - No trans pickup screen? #10  
Don't use SUDT in either of my M's. I use Chevron All Weather THC Synthetic and have since the first change. I usually buy a 55 gallon drum of it. It's a tad more than SUDT but I have much better flowability in the cold winter weather than SUDT and it's orange, not clear. I get more than I need because I'm always loosing some when I change hydraulic couplers on my implements. Keeps the back end oiled.