Oil & Fuel MX5100 oil change

/ MX5100 oil change #1  

jim44

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota MX 5100 Cub Cadet LGTX 1050
Just did my 50 hour oil change. It seems the MX5100 has 2 oil drains on the bottom of the pan, one on each side. Wonder why come this is??

/ MX5100 oil change #2  
The front drive shaft splits the oil pan on both my tractors, so ya have to drain both sides. Guessing the MX is the same?

/ MX5100 oil change
Gosh, I hope not! If that was the case, would it not be apparent from the outside? The manual does not mention anything about having to drain both........ I bet if that is the case, I have waaay to much oil in there.

Thanks.

/ MX5100 oil change #4  
Gosh, I hope not! If that was the case, would it not be apparent from the outside? The manual does not mention anything about having to drain both........ I bet if that is the case, I have waaay to much oil in there. Thanks.

I would bet that is the case.

/ MX5100 oil change #5  
Yes both have to be drained, same on my L3540. Time to recheck your oil.
DevilDog

/ MX5100 oil change #6  
is there no dipstick on this engine?

/ MX5100 oil change
Yep, it has a dipstick. BUT, that's not how you get the oil out.:shocked::)

Just looked at it again, and the driveshaft is right there in the middle of the oil pan. Don't know how I could have missed it. Soooo, first thing in the morning I'm going to start completely over, and maybe I'll manage to get it right!:thumbsup:

/ MX5100 oil change #9  
Yep, it has a dipstick. BUT, that's not how you get the oil out.:shocked::)

Just looked at it again, and the driveshaft is right there in the middle of the oil pan. Don't know how I could have missed it. Soooo, first thing in the morning I'm going to start completely over, and maybe I'll manage to get it right!:thumbsup:

Sounds good
Only reason i asked was because of this comment "I bet if that is the case, I have waaay to much oil in there" :D

/ MX5100 oil change
I know. I was just funnin' with you.

As a side note though, this particular dipstick is very hard for me to read, especially with new oil in it. If it gets above the "full" indicator, I am totally at a loss as to how much above it might be. Once it goes above full, it's just a smooth round rod, and for the life of me, I can not tell where the level might be.

Thanks for the advice.