MX5100 Rear Remote Float Valve

/ MX5100 Rear Remote Float Valve #31  
BUMP. The float valves have the "can" mounted on the bottom. What are they? (or how do they work?)

/ MX5100 Rear Remote Float Valve #32  
It allows you to push the valve all the way forward into a detent which holds it there. Once there, the valve lets fluid move freely in and out of the cylinder.

/ MX5100 Rear Remote Float Valve #33  
It allows you to push the valve all the way forward into a detent which holds it there. Once there, the valve lets fluid move freely in and out of the cylinder.

Is the cylinder sort of a bypass loop? Or more to it than that?

/ MX5100 Rear Remote Float Valve #34  
Is the cylinder sort of a bypass loop? Or more to it than that?

Do you ever use the float function with your front end loader, assuming you have a loader? The float function on the rear remote valves is the same exact thing. You are allowing an aux hydraulic cylinder to move in and out on it's own, depending on the pressures exerted on it, typically from an implement of some kind.

/ MX5100 Rear Remote Float Valve #35  
In float, the work ports and OUT port are connected to tank, and fluid is moving in and out from the cyl and any makeup fluid is coming from the tank.

Base side will hold more fluid than rod side.

/ MX5100 Rear Remote Float Valve #36  
Thanks J.J., functionally I know what float is, but I haven't ever seen a diagram for one of those cylinders. Basically your description sounds like "short-circuit" between the work ports. (I am an electrical guy.)

/ MX5100 Rear Remote Float Valve #37  
Yes, all three ports are coupled.

The float operation is mainly in the spool, however the cyl is moving the fluid by the contour of the ground. .

The spools lands are cut so this can happen.

The cans on the bottom of the spool covers the float detent mechanism.

/ MX5100 Rear Remote Float Valve
Now that I had the remotes on for a while, I haven't really had a need to use the float function that much. The idea of having the functionality of a float valve was good, I found not a great difference in practice. Just having the remotes on the tractor is a plus and the float valve, it's there.

I would definitely recommend at least 2 rear remote for the TnT, float optional. The best money spent to save time and your back.