MX5200 LA1065 SSQA Issue

/ MX5200 LA1065 SSQA Issue #1  

AndyMA

Elite Member
Tractor
Ford 2120 , Kubota MX5200 , Deere X748SE. 1956 Economy Tractor
My LA11065 SSQA has one lever/pin which I can't release by hand. It takes a 2 foot pipe or a hammer on the pin.

Any thoughts on how to correct this?

Thanks

Andy

/ MX5200 LA1065 SSQA Issue #2  
if nothing is binding and well lubed take the bucket off and test if handles move freely.
If they do test the angle of the mounting pads to see if they are in sync. a simple protractor / angle gauge-level works well.
My guess is your loader ssqa mount is bent making your mounting pads out of sync..

/ MX5200 LA1065 SSQA Issue #3  
Take apart and thoroughly clean the male and female couplers.. You may have to tap the tapered pin from the bottom with a nylon mallet to obtain release, not a hammer. When clean, pump in ample grease through the zerk on each side while reciprocating the locking lever to distribute the incoming grease.

Lube the pivots with Blaster penetrating fluid.

Last edited:
   / MX5200 LA1065 SSQA Issue #4  
My bucket is slightly out of sync and often causes a bit of problem. When attaching or removing the bucket I lower the bucket to a few inches off the ground and level. I then stand on the bucket and bounce my weight as I release the lever.

/ MX5200 LA1065 SSQA Issue #5  
My SS QA levers were pipe only friendly. A good cleaning and spray on white lube made it lock and unlock like butter. Can't believe the difference it made. Now I just spray on more lube every 6 mos.

Last edited:
   / MX5200 LA1065 SSQA Issue #6  
The wedge pin linkage has some adjustment. Double nut or locknut. Details how to adjust in the service manual. Might compare sides while opening and closing. Think I’ve have had to adjust every one I’ve had but I buy used equipment.

/ MX5200 LA1065 SSQA Issue
The wedge pin linkage has some adjustment. Double nut or locknut. Details how to adjust in the service manual. Might compare sides while opening and closing. Think I’ve have had to adjust every one I’ve had but I buy used equipment.
I think I found the problem Nothing appears to be bent but the back of the lever is binding on the frame. I think a little grinding will solve it. I'll keep you posted.

Attachments

• Problem 1.JPEG
    Problem 1.JPEG
    1.9 MB · Views: 46
  • Problem 2.JPEG
    Problem 2.JPEG
    1.2 MB · Views: 48
   / MX5200 LA1065 SSQA Issue #8  
I have the same tractor and loader. I can post pics of anything if needed.

/ MX5200 LA1065 SSQA Issue
I have the same tractor and loader. I can post pics of anything if needed.
Hi Scootr

Can you post a picture showing the clearance I don't have

Thanks Andy

/ MX5200 LA1065 SSQA Issue #10  
Hi Scootr

Can you post a picture showing the clearance I don't have

Thanks Andy
I can later - I'm thinking mine stop right where yours do but that seems to be all they need to go to release the pins. I'm not 100% sure where your clearance problem is on the bad side.