Price Check MX5200 price check

/ MX5200 price check #11  
I Just bought a WR long RBG2 root grapple and some Honest feedback is I would not recommend it with the tractor you are looking at. I have already broken a couple of the teeth off it, along with some weakening welds. A significant design flaw with the center section of the grapple also allows sticks and debri to hit the quick connect levers and possibly unhook the grapple. I paid $2200 for my RBG2 60. I wish I had gone with the everything atachments grapple it looks much better designed and stronger. Live and learn. Oh BTW I paid $33K for my MX5200 with front loader, RSC1872 cutter and 10K lb equipment trailer. Probably not the best deal but 0% interest helped.

Teddy

/ MX5200 price check #12  
Barlows showed me a MX5800 yesterday with 17 hours FEL, Tiller and Bush hog rotary mower for around $30,000. I don't want one that big so going for a L3901 HST FEL front hydraulics loaded tires Landpride 6' rotary mower and trading in my B2650 HST FEL front hydraulics with under 50 hours.

/ MX5200 price check #13  
John, what are you going to be using your new tractor on?

/ MX5200 price check #14  
John, what are you going to be using your new tractor on?

I bought the 25 acres of mountain behind me. Was logged about 15-20 years ago and then a transmitting tower was installed on the top for 10 years and recently removed, site leveled and grass seeded. The road to top/ex tower site is graveled with solid base and then the road//trail/old logging road circles around to my house with grown up old logging roads going off the one I've been keeping mowed. I've got a track loader coming in a month or so to cut more cross trails. I believe in paying experienced excavators to do side hill excavating and then me do the detail cutting/mowing/clean up. I needed more weight than the B2650 and Barlow cut me another deal along with taking my excess ZD326 (sold rental property I mowed) along with my B2650. I also was "forced" to buy the six building lots across the street from me in order to buy the 25 acres. Didn't want lots but will probably make some money off them and keep 2 or 3 directly across the street from my house for a garden. Will need to mow them until sold or if I don't sell them and reason I needed/wanted the 6' Rotary mower. I have a Hydraulic front mount post hole digger and will be buying a grapple so needed front hydraulics but can't see any forseeable need for rear hydraulics but can always add them if I do.
Short question brought a long answer. :D:laughing::cool2:

/ MX5200 price check #15  
John you are really enjoy your new tractor/equipment on your increased acreage. The new L Series i a real improvement over the old ones.

I'm a big believer in knowing when to DIY and when to have it done. We are renting an excavator a couple of times this summer. My son and brother will be operating it, I'll just watch on this one.

/ MX5200 price check #16  
I'm no expert, however, that looks really high. Have you gone to the Kubota site and priced all of that? 1000 discount looks like the 500/500 program that's running.
I also agree with others on used vs new where possible.
It sounds like a great set up and no matter which way you go, you will probably enjoy the tractor immensley. Good luck.

/ MX5200 price check #17  
Late to the party, but agree to buy the implements separate. The 1872 rotary cutter is too light IMO unless you are just clipping pasture grass several times a year. And $3500 for a grapple for a MX.....look elsewhere.

I was just at the dealer yesterday getting outer tie-rod boots again. Saw a new M5660. Man I sure wish they made one of them in a HST. It would be about perfect for me.

Not quite as heavy as the M6060/7060. And not as expensive either. It seems to fill the gap between the MX and the next larger M's.

M5660 vs MX5800...
Same HP
M5660 has a nicer loader with the option of putting the cylinders in height or power position. IN heght position it can lift 2' higher. In power position its about the same but alot stronger than the MX.

The 5660 has a road speed about 2.5mph quicker
The 5660 is only about 500# heavier
The 5660 can lift 3300# out back as opposed to the MX 2300#

And the real big one...It has nice large diameter front tires for a smooth ride. When I settled on my MX, I was wanting the ultimate 50-60HP bushhog machine. Most power with the least weight and largest tires were what I was after. The MX still has little 16" front rims.

Only deal breaker for the M5660 is lack of HST. If the make one that is HST, I would have been all over it.

/ MX5200 price check #18  
Not a 5200 but a MX4800 ........geared 4x4 ag tires, FEL with QT bucket and 1 rear remote was $26,900...... RCR 2672 $2850. Is a better cutter than a 1872... All land price implements they offer 0% finance on also for 24 months. longer terms are a small interest rate on them.