MX5400 cab compared to L5460 cab

/ MX5400 cab compared to L5460 cab #11  
When I bought this summer I somewhat looked at the MX and it seems like a great tractor. After owning the Grand L for a few months, the feature I find most useful is the ability to change from high to low within each range. I use this feature multiple times each time I use the tractor. I have yet to figure out many of the HST plus features but the high/low feature alone makes HST plus a winner.
100%

2 speed HST+ is the bomb. All the other fancy HST functions are cool sometimes but not life changing. 2 speed shift on the fly is.

/ MX5400 cab compared to L5460 cab #12  
Can't comment on the MX but love my little Grand L. The HST+ options are way more useful than I expected. Been using the power up button on the loader quite a bit lately. Did not expect to ever find it that useful but cleaning out a pond and it is really handy.

/ MX5400 cab compared to L5460 cab
This afternoon my wife went with me to look at the grand L tractor. She is a great support and helps with hooking and unhooking implements and such. She helps me think through decisions from aspects sometimes I miss. We had looked at JD and Yanmar already. I had already looked at both of the Kubotas, MX and grand L. We have decided on a L6060. Will be calling dealer next week to order as they don't have one on their lot.

Appreciate each one of your help.

/ MX5400 cab compared to L5460 cab #14  
Congrats on the decision. Look forward to pics and a report when it arrives.

/ MX5400 cab compared to L5460 cab #15  
Following this thread. What about starting a new one on the Grand L6060. I'm guessing there are quite a few of us considering this tractor.

/ MX5400 cab compared to L5460 cab #16  
Following this thread. What about starting a new one on the Grand L6060. I'm guessing there are quite a few of us considering this tractor.

Welcome to TBN.

Start one.

/ MX5400 cab compared to L5460 cab #17  
By your first post, I think you've already decided. :D

All of the little things you listed as deficiencies with the MX will be huge things six months from now.

I pay very close attention to instant deficiencies that I notice within a couple minutes. Those are warning sirens. To accept them you will have to lower your standards... :(

Sound words and good advice.

/ MX5400 cab compared to L5460 cab

As was pointed out you could start a thread.

I don't mind doing so either but what kind of info would you be looking for?

Well yesterday my wife and I made final decision on the tractor. Need to begin the process Monday. Took a little while in discussing the options wanted and finally decided on those and a second dealership came into play. That added a week to the process but has ended up saving enough it was well worth it.

Options are: third function. Since with cab they are using Kubota's. I have only seen the Land Pride in pictures and only on open station tractors but I do not like it's set up. Two rear remotes. Rear work lights. Yes tires will be loaded. Had been trying to decide between two brands of grapple learned Land Price also has grapples and dealership buying from had theirs on the lot. There is price break on the implement with the tractor so added that in. (Seems something is slipping my tired brain.)

Learned something yesterday that really surprised me, dealership I am buying from was searching the L6060s with cab out there and told me there was one about 80 miles from me that was almost two years old and another dealership couple of states from us had been on their lot for about four years. He was telling me the price difference of those due to the price increases since they got those tractors. I find it interesting tractor dealers like to tell you they are not like cars, the year does not matter for prices yet when you go to trade or sale then the year matters. Amazing to me.

I would suggest if you are looking to buy, and there are two dealerships you would be comfortable with get the price first from the one would consider the second choice of the two and have it in hand before getting price from the one you rather buy from. Of the second dealer price is better okay. If the first one has lower price then is the best time to mention well, your price sounds reasonable however I have firm price with same package for so and so less. Helped me.

/ MX5400 cab compared to L5460 cab #19  
As was pointed out you could start a thread.

I don't mind doing so either but what kind of info would you be looking for?

Well yesterday my wife and I made final decision on the tractor. Need to begin the process Monday. Took a little while in discussing the options wanted and finally decided on those and a second dealership came into play. That added a week to the process but has ended up saving enough it was well worth it.

Options are: third function. Since with cab they are using Kubota's. I have only seen the Land Pride in pictures and only on open station tractors but I do not like it's set up. Two rear remotes. Rear work lights. Yes tires will be loaded. Had been trying to decide between two brands of grapple learned Land Price also has grapples and dealership buying from had theirs on the lot. There is price break on the implement with the tractor so added that in. (Seems something is slipping my tired brain.)

Learned something yesterday that really surprised me, dealership I am buying from was searching the L6060s with cab out there and told me there was one about 80 miles from me that was almost two years old and another dealership couple of states from us had been on their lot for about four years. He was telling me the price difference of those due to the price increases since they got those tractors. I find it interesting tractor dealers like to tell you they are not like cars, the year does not matter for prices yet when you go to trade or sale then the year matters. Amazing to me.

I would suggest if you are looking to buy, and there are two dealerships you would be comfortable with get the price first from the one would consider the second choice of the two and have it in hand before getting price from the one you rather buy from. Of the second dealer price is better okay. If the first one has lower price then is the best time to mention well, your price sounds reasonable however I have firm price with same package for so and so less. Helped me.

When I bought this summer I went to buy a 4760. The dealer had a 5460 (which I wound up buying) and a 6060 but no 4760s. When he checked on getting a 4760 he said I could get the 5460 cheaper than a 4760 because it had been on the lot for 8 months and there had been two price increases since the 5460 was delivered and could sell the 5460 at the old price.

I called a couple of other dealers and none came close to the price I paid. I hope you enjoy the new tractor.

/ MX5400 cab compared to L5460 cab #20  
I love my grand L (in SC).
Good choice!