MX5800 Problem

/ MX5800 Problem #1  

Dagwood55

Tractor
JD 4200
So I have a 1 YO MX5800 with 100 hours. When I am bush hogging with my 8' Land Pride hogg, my tractor will die after 4.5 to 5 min's running. Every time. It will restart and then die again. After sitting for a while it will finally run for another 4.5 to 5 min's.

Sounds like a fuel filter I thought. So cleaned the water trap/filter, and blew out the line into the tank. All looked clean but no helped. I then replace that filter along with the cartridge fuel filter, but that still doesnt help, same dieing after 4.5 to 5 min's. If I remove the bush hogg and run the tractor at max (540 PTO) rpm's, so no load, it will not die.

Any fresh ideas??

/ MX5800 Problem #2  
What does your dealer say? It is under warranty, why bother with it yourself at this point?

/ MX5800 Problem #3  
Everything else is exactly the same except no brushog? The PTO is engaged both times (so it is not some safety switch issue), you are running over the same ground both times (so it is not like you are bouncing off the seat switch or something bouncing causing a bad connection)? At least is sounds repeatable so your dealer should be able to track it down. That is a huge plus.

/ MX5800 Problem
It is at the dealer now awaiting in line to get looked at. Hopefully it will be under warranty. I don't have a lot of faith in this dealer just thought if it was a known issue or
someone else had had this problem, I'd just as soon fix it myself.

/ MX5800 Problem #5  
Everything else is exactly the same except no brushog? The PTO is engaged both times (so it is not some safety switch issue), you are running over the same ground both times (so it is not like you are bouncing off the seat switch or something bouncing causing a bad connection)? At least is sounds repeatable so your dealer should be able to track it down. That is a huge plus.

I have an MX 5100 and had the problem of engine cutting out when I bounced in the seat. Also had it cut out when I turned to look back at my seeder and lifted ever so slightly in the seat. Seat safety switch must be awfully sensitive.

/ MX5800 Problem #6  
I wouldnt think bouncing in the seat would cause it? Once back in the seat it should resume running right?

/ MX5800 Problem #7  
When you have a fuel supply issue, you can really notice when a machine has even a slight load on it. Light load, runs perfect, slightly higher load, dies! Had that happen alot with ice chrystals.

As for the seat, could you not bypass it temporarilly to take that out of the equasion? I couldn't even live with that on our Ag tractor. You stand up all the time to get a better look at what you might be running over!

/ MX5800 Problem #8  
I've noticed my MX5800 seat switch is very touchy as well. I might have to "adjust" it a tad.

Though the repeatably of the issue does make it sound like a fuel supply issue. Please let us know what you find out!

/ MX5800 Problem #9  
Dagwood
Your tractor dying after running a short period of time sounds similar to a M4900 I once owned. I determined my M4900 had a blocked fuel passageway in water seperater housing.

/ MX5800 Problem #10  
I wonder if the vent to the fuel tank is plugged. Try it with the fuel cap loose.
rScotty