My 2320 So Far

/ My 2320 So Far #1  

MacTractor

Silver Member
Tractor
2008 JD 2320
I just wanted to share some of my thoughts on my JD 2320 from coming from a BX25 just in case anyone is in a simular situation. From other post I made, I picked the JD 2320 over a new B2620 mainly due to price as it was used with only 130 hrs. There was nothing like it used around here, so the almighty dollar made the decision.

In all honestly, I think I would be just as happy going with the B2620 as there are +'s and -'s on both sides. I think anyone who claims that one machine is so much better than the other is really probably a fanboy of a particular brand. There are differences, don't get me wrong, but there is little in what sepearates them. For me, I like the hydro pedal setup better on the 2320 and so far have found the Position Control a nice feature. I do think a 3 spd hydro would be nice, but for me it does not really have that much weight in my decision.

After around 20 hours of some loader and lots of blowing and snow removal, I have the following thoughts:

1.. The loader seems like a real loader as there seems to me to be a drastic difference in loader performance. I know they are different classes of machine and I would expect a 2305 to perform like the BX25 so this is not kocking the BX. Drive into a snowbank with the BX and most likely it can't lift or even curl any substantial weight. Do this with the 2320 and it most likely can lift it, and if not can always curl. I always wondered when people talked about loading the rear tires when I had the BX, now I know why. (I am now planning on loading the rears)
2.. The JD achieves this loader performance at the cost of speed. The curl and dump are really slow compared to the BX. If I was buying this for mainly loader work, this might have been a huge knock against it. The BX could dump in an instand, the JD does not.
3.. I can't even compare the advantage size has when looking at what I am using it for. Knowing what I know now, I should have had a larger tractor on my last property.
4.. I would not go over a 54" blower for the rear. You can easily bog down the 54" blower if you don't take it slow. I think the 64" could work but you would have to have a flat driveway and be fine with taking it slow.
5.. Traction for me is more of an issue than I thought. I am planning on now loading the rears and have learned that picking up a pile in the bucket helps alot in the steering department. I am also pondering turfs instead of the R4's. It is funny, as it seems to loose the ability to go forward up the hill long before it would loose it going up backwards.
6.. The tractor seems much less frantic at WOT than the BX. Your ears would be tired quicklly on the BX at WOT.
7.. I hate that you have to have the tractor in neutral to get off the seat without cutout. The BX would only cutout if you left the seat with the PTO engaged.
8.. I liked the fuel filler on the fender on the BX. Adding fuel that high up is a PITA.

Really so far I am impressed. Only when blowing would you ever ask for more power and really it is just a factor of how fast you want to blow. We recently had chest deep snow that I cleared just fine.

Feel free to chime in with any comments.

Cheers,

/ My 2320 So Far
BTW,

Here is a picture of the last snow.... IMG-20121230-00640.jpgIMG-20121230-00639.jpg