Snow My answer to the FEL snow plow debate

/ My answer to the FEL snow plow debate #31  
very nice set up, i might have to come down and take some closer photos. I have read all sorts of posts on here concerning FEL plows. i have wanted a set up like this for a while now. I plow with a C-70 dump with a 12 ft plow on my camp road, and wanted a more reliable backup. I was wondering about putting steel caster wheels in place of the shoes. The shoes dig and gouge the gravel during early and late season plowing. i think a plow that rolls a few inches above the ground would work better? any thoughts from the group. thanks

I've been forming ideas for a FEL mounted Meyer plow build. One thing you may want to do is to put a 2 to 3" plastic pipe on your blade edge. (slit the pipe with a table saw) Some folks have also used steel pipe with a bolt-on flanges welded to the pipe.

This round "edge" really helps with gouging according to what I read and from my use on a small snow blower on a garden tractor. Pretty slick deal.:thumbsup: Do a search to read more on this idea.

After reading all I can......I beleive I am going to glean much of what Bob shows in the OP above. I like the way his plow floats and the way it's mounted back on the loader. I think I need a floating plow on my rough land (and maybe that pipe edge discussed above).

After some experience with operating....if I determine I want a solid set-up with the loader doing the floating...I can always do so by making the chain a ridgid link. :D

Thanks for this post Bob!! :)