My B2650 went back to the dealer

/ My B2650 went back to the dealer #11  
I have always wondered if a warranty job grows while in the dealer shop. The factory labor allowance is probably on the low side. Maybe why you do not get a service report. I have been burned enough times to now be skeptical of big shops especially. So far, other than a repair funded by KATC, in 1500 hrs I have managed to fix all the little things that crop up. I really wondered about the KTAC job, it may have been milked. I did get a complete report on that though.

Ron

/ My B2650 went back to the dealer
I have always wondered if a warranty job grows while in the dealer shop. The factory labor allowance is probably on the low side. Maybe why you do not get a service report. I have been burned enough times to now be skeptical of big shops especially. So far, other than a repair funded by KATC, in 1500 hrs I have managed to fix all the little things that crop up. I really wondered about the KTAC job, it may have been milked. I did get a complete report on that though.

Ron

I didn't think about that, but I should have. I used to be a parts manager in a Chevy dealership years ago. One of my responsibilities was to fill out the warranty paperwork to reimburse the dealership for warranty repairs. I was TOLD BY THE SERVICE MANAGER to add as many things on the ticket as I could to get extra pay for the mechanic. I was quite proficient at it and never got caught by the area service rep. Sometimes I even scrounged through the trash to find items that could be used for warranty claims. Not something I was proud of, but it was all part of the job.

/ My B2650 went back to the dealer #13  
I didn't think about that, but I should have. I used to be a parts manager in a Chevy dealership years ago. One of my responsibilities was to fill out the warranty paperwork to reimburse the dealership for warranty repairs. I was TOLD BY THE SERVICE MANAGER to add as many things on the ticket as I could to get extra pay for the mechanic. I was quite proficient at it and never got caught by the area service rep. Sometimes I even scrounged through the trash to find items that could be used for warranty claims. Not something I was proud of, but it was all part of the job.

Warranty fraud is rampant just about everywhere and just about always has been.

The manufacturers know this and accept it as a cost of doing business. The cost is included in the cost of the machine and any extended warranty.

Only the most egregious situations are investigated.

SDT

/ My B2650 went back to the dealer #14  

Ron
I've seen this in action, and with a Kubota Rep's blessings.

Resolutions to a specific problem are many times not the only thing that gets done, and in the end a "factory assembly" over a dealer "RE-assembly" is always preferred.
Here's a perfect example.

Kubota L3560HSTC 50 hours. $52,500. BH92 Backhoe 805 loader :

Cust states front tire hits the lower Front end Loader frame mount.

Dealer cuts the frame mount clear with a grinder.

Customer complains about overspray on a 50 hour tractor and need to cut a load area for the loader.

Kubota and dealer pour over the equipment and find that a boss or landing point for a stop for the vertical pivoting Axel was 1/4inch too short.

Dealer and Kubota replace the front engine mounting frame containing the 1/4" short boss, removing the front Axel, radiator, air conditioning, alternator, hood, power steering pump, FEL, lower loader bracket that was cut by dealer (as a "temp" fix, but was never communicated to me as temporary fix after it was done until I saw it and complained), battery, electrical harness, and radiator shield.

Upon pickup and after still having issues with loose bolts, power steering issues, loose belts, rattling pulleys, repainted and damaged hood (which dealer states wasn't painted even though Kubota replaced it again and there was overspray in the engine components and fingerprints in the once wet hood paint from handling it too early), fan blade with worn tips from hitting the fan shroud, and worn fan shroud.

Well by 300 hours, the tire still hits the lower FEL. Same issue it had that required well over a $5000 repair to the benefit of the dealership, and detriment to myself... the owner of the equipment that has to deal with ALL the issues since then.

One final caveat.

The links on the loader run against the loader arms pivots... it shaves a bit off the links each time I use the loader. So of course Kubota looks at it and says....

"We will replace the loader frame assembly."

What does that entail?

Removing every hose, line, bolt, pin, and cylinder from the old loader, putting it on the new loader frame, and then reattaching the loader to the tractor. That's probably a $2500 job for the dealer and the cost of the loader frame for Kubota.

So what do you think I should do?

I have a feeling I'm going down the same rabbit hole ...

My point here is this, just because it's free doesn't mean it's all good to go, free service comes with caveats.

The same dealer replaced the seals in my BH92 backhoe at 20 hours because they found them leaking when it was in for warranty service. (No.., they didn't ask me if they could).

40 hours later the BH92 failed due to a misplaced clearance washer in the unit done at the time of the seal replacement, taking out the link pivot for the control due to a stress fracture. It was a quick fix and cheap part for me, but again my point is, anything that's done to a tractor comes with unintended consequences.

In addition if it's done by less than experts in the field you could experience even more issues than the initial one, of which you may be 100% responsible for.

It happened to me....

Last edited:
   / My B2650 went back to the dealer #16  
To the OP, did you try wiggling the PTO lever? On mine that switch will get debris on it and not sense the OFF position. Just hold the starter switch and wiggle that lever to start it. Ditto for the treadle pedal.
Both these I fix by just blowing out that switch area.