My brand new JD 5055 wont start

/ My brand new JD 5055 wont start #1  

scottj418

My new John Deere 5055 with 17 hours won't start. I was cutting grass for about 4 hours and all of a sudden the tractor died and will not start/crank/or turn over. When i try to start the tractor it does nothing. The battery light, oil pressure light and intake air light just come on and nothing else happens. I checked the air filters and they look very clean. I have to admit I was cutting some grass around a bees nest in the ground and hit the foot petal accelerator several times to keep it from slowing down around the nest. I was wondering If it had something to do with the fuel lines. lastly my clutch petal is near a fuse box. My foot does hit it sometimes but nothing serious. Any thoughts?

/ My brand new JD 5055 wont start #2  
Check Fuses and grounds

/ My brand new JD 5055 wont start
I've checked all the fuses and the ground looks good. Nothing blown or burnt.

/ My brand new JD 5055 wont start #4  
Maybe something simple like a safety switch?? Maybe the safety switch under the seat got undone in the bee excitement??

As far as I know there is no safety switch in the seat. I know it is probably something simple but I'm stumped. Should it at least start even if the primary and secondary air filters need replacing.

/ My brand new JD 5055 wont start #6  
Were missing something. Go thru the start up with the Operators manual step by step.

/ My brand new JD 5055 wont start #7  
It sounds like a safety switch issue. By chance did you forget to disengage the PTO after it died? or maybe did not take it out of gear?

If this is not the problem, do you have a voltmeter? If yes, you will need to insure that one of these safety switches is bad.

I've tried. It's out of gear, PTO is off, it has fuel, battery is good, Nothing. It won't even turn over. It's like the power to the starter is gone but I've check it and it is good. It has to be some kind of sensor or switch that is trip to all of a sudden just die.

/ My brand new JD 5055 wont start #9  
Is it a 5055E or D? Using jdparts.com parts catalog, you can get an idea of were the PTO switch is and the neutral switch is located?

With the key on does the PTO light on the dash come on and off, when you turn it on and off? If it turns on and off, then I would start to see, if the neutral switch is the problem.

It is a 5055D. The light for the PTO comes on and off so I guess I'll look at the neutral switch.