My Bx is idling in my garage right now, it doesn't feel like shutting off

/ My Bx is idling in my garage right now, it doesn't feel like shutting off #1  

rexcramer

Silver Member
Tractor
Case 580C
Hello. I went to turn off my BX 2360 and it just wants to keep working, it is refusing to shut off. I dont want to cut the power to the electric fuel pump and starve the injection pump of fuel. Any suggestions on what I can ground out to shut this bad boy off?

/ My Bx is idling in my garage right now, it doesn't feel like shutting off #2  
try pulling the fuse....And try flipping the seat forward...

/ My Bx is idling in my garage right now, it doesn't feel like shutting off #3  
lower the idle, foot fully on brake, dump clutch.

/ My Bx is idling in my garage right now, it doesn't feel like shutting off
I tried getting the stupid thing to shut off with the seat and it wouldnt, I tried turning on the PTO also to get the safety mechanism to kick in. The stupid safety shuts the tractor off all the time when I don't want it to, but not now.

The fuse box has no ignition fuse, unless there is another one that I am not aware of.

/ My Bx is idling in my garage right now, it doesn't feel like shutting off #5  
Hello. I went to turn off my BX 2360 and it just wants to keep working, it is refusing to shut off. I dont want to cut the power to the electric fuel pump and starve the injection pump of fuel. Any suggestions on what I can ground out to shut this bad boy off?

Does the tractor have a fuel cutoff knob somewhere? My L4200 has a plunger on the dash - pulling it out bypasses the electric fuel-cutoff relay (which is dead in my tractor) and kills the engine.

JayC

/ My Bx is idling in my garage right now, it doesn't feel like shutting off #6  
May have to pinch the fuel line.

/ My Bx is idling in my garage right now, it doesn't feel like shutting off
No fuel shut off its all done with the key. I went out there a few minutes ago and it had shut itself off, it must have slowly starved itself of fuel, which means the electric fuel pump must have shut off.

My timer relay fuse was blown, I put a good one in but it did nothing. I am assuming there must be a solenoid somewhere that the key controls to shut the fuel off, anyone know where it is?

/ My Bx is idling in my garage right now, it doesn't feel like shutting off #8  
tcartwri said:
lower the idle, foot fully on brake, dump clutch.

Hahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!! Dat funny!!

/ My Bx is idling in my garage right now, it doesn't feel like shutting off #9  
Furl shutoff solenoid might be stuck. Turn the key off than push the lever. Should be near the injection pump

/ My Bx is idling in my garage right now, it doesn't feel like shutting off #10  
Just went and looked. On my bx 2350, it's under the hood, on the left side of the tractor, sorta underneath the air cleaner. It's a black cylinder with a rod coming out of the end. It's also what clicks when you turn the key on.