My Carpet

/ My Carpet #1  

ByronBob

Veteran Member
Tractor
2004 BX2230
I spilled some deck stain on my carpet. It's the HD Behr brand. Any idea's how to get it out?

I'm open to whatever means works. The carpet is green and the stain is brown.

/ My Carpet #2  
I think in this case I would call in the pro's. They do have access to chemicals we don't.

Bet the wife is happy with you. :eek:

MarkV

/ My Carpet #3  
A good box blade should cut right through the carpet so that it can be removed and replaced. Just don't go so deep you cut through the pad as well. :D

Only half joking, I'd be real surprised if it can be cleaned. I've got clothes with stains from doing our deck that haven't come out after several trips through the washer. Sorry to hear about the mishap.

/ My Carpet #4  
Try some hairspray. The plain old cheap stuff. It has some solvents that might work.

/ My Carpet
gsganzer said:
Try some hairspray. The plain old cheap stuff. It has some solvents that might work.

Thanks men. Keep the ideas coming.

I'm more P.O. than the wife is.

/ My Carpet #6  
You can always get a throw rug :)

Actually you might want to give the pro's a call on this one. You could try mineral spirits, but if that doesn't work it may then make it impossible for a pro to get it out, or discolor the carpet by lightening it.

I used goof off and hair spray on some nail polish my daughter spilled on the carpet and it worked pretty good, but the pro carpet cleaners told me they could have probably done a better job if I hadn't messed with it :)

/ My Carpet #7  
I'm more P.O. than the wife is.

This is a situation that is very interesting. Is there a desire for new carpet that you are not aware of.:D

Maybe check the label of the stain and it may tell you what dilutes it or removes it.

/ My Carpet #8  
Good point about not trying too much before hand if you are going to call a pro. I’ve been told several times that they do better with a stain that has not been worked on before they arrive.

Maybe it would be worth a call to Behr customer service and see if they have any suggestions.

MarkV

/ My Carpet
MarkV said:
Good point about not trying too much before hand if you are going to call a pro. I’ve been told several times that they do better with a stain that has not been worked on before they arrive.

Maybe it would be worth a call to Behr customer service and see if they have any suggestions.

MarkV

Thanks guys. I think I will call Behr. If not then the pro's are next. I do have some slices of the carpet lying around to play with too.

/ My Carpet #10  
Stain all the carpet. At least then it will all match. <grin>