My cultipacker project

/ My cultipacker project #11  
Finished!!! got some paint on both of them this week.. I really like the rustoleum professional paint. Even though I put it on with a brush it really is good strong paint.. Just dont have an orange in that brand..:mad:

AndyG

AndyG, You just thought you were finished LOL. Now you need to put a tongue out the back of the 3 point packer so you will will have "combo" hitch setup. 3 point or pull on the one machine. Great work. Ken Sweet

/ My cultipacker project #12  
thanks. I am thinking about making one that can be pulled, but with an optional 3 pt hookup for transporting it. Some of our food plots are far apart and even require travel down roads, so having the option of lifting it seems a good idea. I have a Miller 211, so hopefully mine will turn out as nice as yours! Where did you get your bearings?

How about using a pull behind attached to the drawbar with a 3pt boompole. Run 2 chains from the loop on the boom pole - one to either end of the cultipacker. Lower the boom pole and pull the cultipacker like you normally would. When you need to transport, lift the 3pt boom pole and suspend the cultipacker in the air by 3 points - the 2 chains & the drawbar. You may need to ballast the front.

/ My cultipacker project
AndyG, You just thought you were finished LOL. Now you need to put a tongue out the back of the 3 point packer so you will will have "combo" hitch setup. 3 point or pull on the one machine. Great work. Ken Sweet

Gee thanks Ken--- Now you got me thinking again:confused2: that usually cost me money and time.:confused2:... Good idea on the double pull!! Boom pole is a good idea also-- Off the next couple of days so I might play around with both ideas... I have learned one thing about this farming/ tractor stuff. Its all about what you can tear up- the groud that is!!:laughing:

AndyG

/ My cultipacker project #14  
Gee thanks Ken--- Now you got me thinking again:confused2: that usually cost me money and time.:confused2:... Good idea on the double pull!! Boom pole is a good idea also-- Off the next couple of days so I might play around with both ideas... I have learned one thing about this farming/ tractor stuff. Its all about what you can tear up- the groud that is!!:laughing:

AndyG

FWIW, A combo hitch makes it worth $100 more if selling. Ken Sweet

/ My cultipacker project #16  
Ken, do you have more wheels for sale,? what size od?, axle diameter?, Price?, Thanks Eric

I think I may have more 11-12 inch diameter wheels from a Dunham or Brillion for $15 each. Probably about 20-25 total. I am pretty sure they are 1 3/4 or 2 inch ID. Ken Sweet

/ My cultipacker project #18  
   / My cultipacker project #19  
Got the cultipacker (a 9-footer). Now need a seed box for it to turn it into a cultipacker-seeder to reseed my hayfield with pasture grass mix.

Here is where I got seed boxes for cultipackers couple years ago. It is the box on the Yardmaker Seeder. Ken Sweet
Aerator Products