my delemia

/ my delemia #1  

Deerlope

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota L3830 03: RTV 900
When I bought my L3830 in 03 Kubota did not have a factory cab for it. So I went without. Now I am older and want a cab. A Curtis cab does not have the head room for my height(6' 5"). Do to knee injuries I have the seat elevated 2". I looked into trading up to an L5030 GST but I would be loosing a lot.The L5040 only comes with a cab in an HST which I really do not care for. The HST is a good tranny but its just not for me. I have found Sims cabs and does anyone know of any others?

/ my delemia #2  
Hi Deerlope,

Other major cab companies other than the two you named (Sims and Curtis) are Original Tractor Cab and Jodale Perry. I'm not sure off the top of my head whether the two I mentioned offer a cab for the L3830, but check out their websites or give them a call would be your best bet to find out.

If you have any specific questions pertaining to your cab scouting, feel free to ask here (or give us a call at Sims ;))!

By the way, are you looking for something soft-sided or hard-sided, or does it matter? That could be one limiting factor to your search.

Good luck!

Edit: Laurin would be another cab company to check out, as well.

/ my delemia
canEHdian said:
Hi Deerlope,

Other major cab companies other than the two you named (Sims and Curtis) are Original Tractor Cab and Jodale Perry. I'm not sure off the top of my head whether the two I mentioned offer a cab for the L3830, but check out their websites or give them a call would be your best bet to find out.

If you have any specific questions pertaining to your cab scouting, feel free to ask here (or give us a call at Sims ;))!

By the way, are you looking for something soft-sided or hard-sided, or does it matter? That could be one limiting factor to your search.

Good luck!

Edit: Laurin would be another cab company to check out, as well.

I would prefer a hard sided cab but if all I can get is soft side then I would look at them.

/ my delemia #4  
If you have knee problems, you may want to rethink the HST tranny.

ron

/ my delemia
The HST tranny is diffcult for me to rock my foot to and froe. This is the only reason that I do not want one, however I could change my mind. As I unerstand it to newer 40 series is a little different. As it stands now Kubota is only offering a cab with the HST on the 40's. They may change their minds before next year when sales really start to slump.