My Farmall 70A won’t run.

/ My Farmall 70A won’t run. #1  

Chad T.

Tractor
2019 Case Farmall 70A
I have a 2019 Case Farmall 70A I’m having an issue with. When I tern the key it starts up just fine but it will only run for 4 seconds. If I turn the key to start it up again, it will turn over but won’t start. If I turn the key off and back on, it starts right up but again, only runs for 4 seconds. I can cycle the key off and on really fast every 4 seconds to keep it running. I have changed both fuel filters, the sensor that screws into the bottom of the pre-filter, drained and cleaned the fuel tank and bled the fuel system. Still having the same issue. Anybody have any ideas?

/ My Farmall 70A won’t run. #2  
It sounds like your stop solenoid should have 3 wires going to it. If that is the case, one will be to pull the plunger back, another will hold the plunger back and the last one is ground.

You need to check that you have voltage on the hold wire. Start the tractor and when it dies leave the switch alone. Use a pin test light to check the power on the wires. If none have power, then check your fuses. If they are good then check the relay that controls the hold.

Normally there is 2 relays that control the stop solenoid. One will send power to pull plunger back the other one will send power to hold the plunger back. A quick test is to swap the two relays and see if the tractor will not start now. If it will not then the relays is bad.

/ My Farmall 70A won’t run.
You, sir are a genius. If I ever get the pleasure of meeting you, I owe you a bourbon and a steak.
I was not able to find the solenoid but I did find the relay box. It appears there is only 1 relay that controls the engine stop on this tractor. I removed that relay and replaced it with the stop lamp relay and, “abracadabra”, IT’S ALIVE!!!
Thank you so much for all your help. I really do appreciate it.

/ My Farmall 70A won’t run. #4  
My pleasure. Glad you figured it out.