My First Job with my Truck and Tractor

/ My First Job with my Truck and Tractor #1  

Stanley B

Bronze Member
Tractor
2015 BX25D
Still making a few tweaks here and there, got a few more small things to do, but I decided to test the truck out by hauling some mulch to use for the driveway into the In-laws back yard where I'll be parking the trailer.....

Here's 4 cubic yards on the truck.....the mesh tarp with bungee cords worked great to keep the mulch from blowing off the truck...made a tight seal all the way around the bed.....and I couldn't really tell there was a load on the truck...that 350 V8 with a 4 barrel will .....suck some gas!..... :D :D........

It only took about 15 mins to use the tractor to spread out this pile roughly.....and about ten mins of hand raking to knock off the high spots....about 30 mins max.....

This is about 450ish square feet at 2-3" deep......

Here's just the BX25D on the trailer with my DOT chains and ratchet binders...

And the truck and trailer ........

/ My First Job with my Truck and Tractor #2  
How does that gasser truck pull? Without much difficulty a 1 ton diesel can haul 5 ton. I have been looking for a dump truck and the gassers are way cheaper.

/ My First Job with my Truck and Tractor
That load of mulch didn't seem to slow the 84' Chevy C30 down much...it's got a 350 V8 with a 4 barrel and was converted to an automatic.....it has a Rugby LR-416 lift.....rated for 5-6tons....I haven't tried hauling gravel/dirt yet.....but it shouldn't be a problem.......

/ My First Job with my Truck and Tractor #4  
That's a nice kit. Are you going into the tractor business? I have basically the same gear and have been thinking about starting up a driveway maintenance company. I bought it all to maintain my own driveway and though why not charge people to maintain theirs too. Whats your going rate? I'm no competition, I'm in Oregon. :)

/ My First Job with my Truck and Tractor #5  
Nice setup. You should take off the slow moving vehicle sign when transporting the tractor. In most states it is not legal for that to be displayed for a licensed highway vehicle.

/ My First Job with my Truck and Tractor
I plan on doing some tractor work on the side......I plan on charging around $75/hr to start with with a 2or 3 hr minimum....it costs around $250-300/ day plus $80 delivery charge for someone to rent a tractor for a day and the Homeowner would have to know how to use it.....I will mainly try to do smaller jobs for now, but if things were to take off, I might be able to go at it full time and jump on the Wife's insurance

/ My First Job with my Truck and Tractor #7  
If it works for you then great. You can hire a full size back hoe for $80 - $100 /hour here and I only get $75-$90 for a 95 hp tractor.

/ My First Job with my Truck and Tractor #8  
Still making a few tweaks here and there, got a few more small things to do, but I decided to test the truck out by hauling some mulch to use for the driveway into the In-laws back yard where I'll be parking the trailer.....

Here's 4 cubic yards on the truck.....the mesh tarp with bungee cords worked great to keep the mulch from blowing off the truck...made a tight seal all the way around the bed.....and I couldn't really tell there was a load on the truck...that 350 V8 with a 4 barrel will .....suck some gas!..... :D :D........

It only took about 15 mins to use the tractor to spread out this pile roughly.....and about ten mins of hand raking to knock off the high spots....about 30 mins max.....

This is about 450ish square feet at 2-3" deep......

Here's just the BX25D on the trailer with my DOT chains and ratchet binders...

And the truck and trailer ........

Nice equipment you have there. Good luck!! Ken Sweet