My Homemade Cultipacker

/ My Homemade Cultipacker #1  

30 Pointer

I posted this up last year on QDMA, but thought some of you may like to see my homemade cultipacker.

Thought this may be interesting to those that are trying to build one. Something a little bit different.

I needed something small, because I only have an old Kubota B6000. I couldn't find one, so I decided to build my own.

It's basically an upside down trailer hitch with a bunch of cast iron barbell weight plates on an axle. I found the hitch on Craigslist for $25. You will need one with longer mounting brackets. I had a ton of these barball plates laying around, which is what gave me the idea in the first place. I did have to buy a few from Craigslist to get what I needed. I alternated a 10 pound weight, 5 pound, 3 pound, 5, 10, 5, 3, 5, 10, etc.....

I used a 4 foot, 3/4" bar of rolled steel for the axle. I used a 3 foot, 2" square tube for the tow bar. I had my buddy weld on tabs to the tow bar to act as a sleeve type hitch.

It weighs 269 pounds plus the hitch/axle.

I have about $120 into it and I ended up not using the bearings because one cracked when I mounted it. So basically I built this for $100, but that's if you have a lot of weights laying around or find them real cheap at a yard sale.

Well, here it is....
CultipackerthatIbuilt.jpg

And here are the results...
AfterSeedingandCultipacking.jpg

Food plot came up great...
BackFieldPlot.jpg

And the deer crushed it...
IMG_0375.jpg

Thanks for looking!

/ My Homemade Cultipacker #2  
Great idea! Thanks for posting.
bxn

/ My Homemade Cultipacker #3  
That's a really good idea. Looks like it worked out great.

/ My Homemade Cultipacker #4  
Great idea. Looks like it worked good.

/ My Homemade Cultipacker #5  
Looks good!! Now we just want to see you do 3 reps of 10 dead lifts and 10 squats with it!! :laughing: Seriously, you can't argue with successful ingenuity.

/ My Homemade Cultipacker #6  
That looks like something I can use!:thumbsup: That should easily break up dried out clay clods of dirt.

/ My Homemade Cultipacker #7  
Dale, is that you? :thumbsup: