My hour meter jumped ahead!

/ My hour meter jumped ahead! #1  

curdog76

Tractor
Kioti CK25
Kioti CK 25 - Four months old. My battery was dead this morning. I jumped it off and mowed for an hour and a half. On the way back to the house I noticed that in that hour and a half, my hour meter had jumped ahead 17 hours. What happened? Can a dead battery make that happen?

/ My hour meter jumped ahead! #2  
curdog76 said:
Kioti CK 25 - Four months old. My battery was dead this morning. I jumped it off and mowed for an hour and a half. On the way back to the house I noticed that in that hour and a half, my hour meter had jumped ahead 17 hours. What happened? Can a dead battery make that happen?

Possible the key was left on an your meter runs whenever the key is on. It took 17 hours to kill the battery.

/ My hour meter jumped ahead! #3  
My money is with Orezok on this one. What were you doing 17 hrs prior to the discovery of the dead battery?

Either that, or you had hyper-drive engaged for an hour an a half. :D

/ My hour meter jumped ahead!
My hour meter said 49 when I started mowing, I came back to the house for diesel. On the way to the house, I noticed that the hour meter said 66. I only mowed for 1.5 hours. I can't figure it out either. I pulled the leads on the battery and put it on charge all day. It hasn't charged at all. How would that affect my hour meter?

/ My hour meter jumped ahead! #5  
Pure speculation on my part, but i'm guessing you have some sort of space-time continuum on your propery. I wonder if you drove through it in the opposite direction....... your hourmeter might turn back?

/ My hour meter jumped ahead! #6  
It's probably tractor rapture. Thats when you sit in the seat for 17 hours, but it just seams like 1 1/2!

/ My hour meter jumped ahead! #7  
Kioti is especially bad about reversing the yellow stripped wire and the green unstripped wire to the framitz. This always causes half phasing to the progner which in turn causes the exact symptoms you mention. Simply reverse the wires to the framitz which is conveniently located just under and behind the mud valve and there you have it. Simple once you understand it.

/ My hour meter jumped ahead! #8  
daBear said:
Kioti is especially bad about reversing the yellow stripped wire and the green unstripped wire to the framitz. This always causes half phasing to the progner which in turn causes the exact symptoms you mention. Simply reverse the wires to the framitz which is conveniently located just under and behind the mud valve and there you have it. Simple once you understand it.

Normally I would suggust this is where "missing" UFO alien abduction time goes but in this case I'm with daBear. Yeah; what he said.

/ My hour meter jumped ahead! #9  
daBear said:

Thats only for models that have the early version FluxCap. Look at the side and if it has a number before 19283749503 then you have the early version. In which case youll need to make shure you bleed off any access magneticfeild with a gaussmeter. Just note that you dont cross the polarity while dischargeing else you risk opening a small black hole which has been known to suck the tractor in in the past. (as the gravational force is the inverse square of the remaining magnetic charge in the FluxCap.)

But like he said, simple once you understand...

/ My hour meter jumped ahead! #10  
I think we're setting a really poor example of how we can be helpful to someone who's obviously stressed-out enough. Mocking the guy isn't the right thing to do.

curdog76, First I'd be on the phone with the dealer. Just a silly question to eliminate one possibility: Are you sure you're reading the meter hours, and not tenths of hours?