my hydraulic auger

/ my hydraulic auger #21  
I also assume your tractor has the gpm for the auger.

/ my hydraulic auger #22  
My B2400 has 6.5 gpm rating for the hydraulics. Those 2 man towable hydraulic augers typically use about 10hp gas engines and low flow low speed high torque hydraulic motors which make them a perfect fit for use with smaller tractors.

/ my hydraulic auger #23  
Reason I asked is I thought that most Skid steer hydraulic attachments needed at least 11gpm.

/ my hydraulic auger #24  
Thats true, the hphd build in this thread used a hydraulic motor off of a towable phd, maybe 5-10 gpm and 12'' auger max.,

/ my hydraulic auger
sorry it took me so long to get back but i looked and there is no model number on the auger head. But if you are interested in using the same head try calling the manufacture of the auger (little beaver) i put a link to their page in one of the first few post. I would think they would sell you a motor. If not i also bought a "ground hog" brand auger, that motor didn't have a manufacture name on it ether but you may want to call them and see if they will sell you a motor. here is the link to them. Ground Hog ? HD99 Hydraulic Earthdrill

Just an Fyi. i have both the little beaver and ground hog augers and the ground hog was a much nicer unit. never had any trouble with it and their customer service was also great. i found the ground hog brand easier to use and more balanced making it easier to lift out of your holes.

Good luck and feel free to ask any other questions.
Brian

/ my hydraulic auger #26  
Thanks for all your efferts Big Bri, greatly appreciated. Maybe Ill give the people at Little Beaver a call.

/ my hydraulic auger #27  
Somewhat related, we just got in a nice used hydraulic driven 3 point post driver made by Danuser. $1495. Ken Sweet

Attachments

• danuserpostdriverleft1495.jpg
    danuserpostdriverleft1495.jpg
    604.5 KB · Views: 291
  • danuserpostdriverlright1495.jpg
    danuserpostdriverlright1495.jpg
    722.8 KB · Views: 461
   / my hydraulic auger #28  
I called the people at Little Beaver this morning. The salesman was very helpful, got the motor model for their towable unit. Char-Lynn 103-1036, 10 cu. in . motor, 150 rpm @ 6gpm this info is what I needed to get my auger build started. Thanks again