my hydraulic auger

/ my hydraulic auger
Looks awesome Bri.

The 'Y' axis is covered, no 'X' axis ?
you know i thought long and hard about that, and i even bought a 3pt ball socket, you know the round end on the end of the two 3pt lift arms that attach to your pins on your attachments. i was going to use that on the box tubing and that would allow some x movement. the reason i didn't use it was because i thought it would allow too much movement and make it harder to get a straight hole. also living in Louisiana the larges hill i will see would be a fire ant mound so i figured just having one axis would be ok. I guess once i get it going well find out if i have to change it up.
thanks for the comment.
brian

/ my hydraulic auger
A couple of guide handles or strictly a one person operation?

I like it. Downward pressure :)
I'm hoping for one person operation. and yes downward pressure is one reason i went this route, also i'll have a reverse so that will be nice if it gets stuck.
thanks for the comment
brian

/ my hydraulic auger #15  
Looks nice and simple. I was wondering if you had any specs on the motor your using as to rpm and gpm.
One other things besides side to side movement I would be concerned of putting to much downward pressure. Look like the motor itself has to take that pressure. I would like a shaft and bearing to take the load and motor to only have to worry about spinning it. Maybe there tougher then I think.

/ my hydraulic auger
hello how big is your motor?

this is all i can give you on the motor i used
Hydraulics Forward / reverse Std. Std. Maximum auger speed 220 220 Maximum auger torque see below see below Maximum flow 6 gpm 6 gpm Maximum pressure 2300 psi 2300 psi Reservoir capacity 5 gallons 5 gallons Return filter 10 micron 10 micron Inlet suction strainer Std. Std. Sight level gauge Std. Std. Dry Weight 173 lbs 171 lbs. Handle Specifications 1-Man Handle
HYD-1MH150
2-Man Handle
HYD-2MH15
0 Anchor Handle
HYD-AH60
Maximum Auger Torque Standard 225 ft./lbs. 225 ft./lbs. 360 ft./lbs. Optional 140 ft./lbs. 140 ft./lbs. 275 ft./lbs. Optional - 275 ft./lbs. 225 ft./lbs. Dry Weight 43.5 lbs 49 lbs. 47.5 lbs.

/ my hydraulic auger #17  
I'm hoping for one person operation. and yes downward pressure is one reason i went this route, also i'll have a reverse so that will be nice if it gets stuck.
thanks for the comment
brian

I like the look of this, better than all the 3ph models I've looked at. I'd like the option of drilling deeper than the 36" I've seen on most commercial models, without breaking the bank. Looking forward to a post on how well it works.

/ my hydraulic auger #18  
Nice build, Ive been planning to do same project. So far I discovered that the "key"to a hydraulic phd is the motor itself, the correct one to be more specific. Fortunately for you , you had the correct motor off your 2 man towable phd which is critical to a hphd for a CUT. Gpm, rpm,shaft size,torque/hp,psi, were already all to the correct specs for your build. Ive researched online mfgs of towable augers and they do give out the brand and model of the motors on their units.
I know your hphd motor is now encased, is there any ID of that mfg and model of your motor? Spending hundreds of dollars on a motor just to have one spec wrong would suck.

/ my hydraulic auger
Nice build, Ive been planning to do same project. So far I discovered that the "key"to a hydraulic phd is the motor itself, the correct one to be more specific. Fortunately for you , you had the correct motor off your 2 man towable phd which is critical to a hphd for a CUT. Gpm, rpm,shaft size,torque/hp,psi, were already all to the correct specs for your build. Ive researched online mfgs of towable augers and they do give out the brand and model of the motors on their units.
I know your hphd motor is now encased, is there any ID of that mfg and model of your motor? Spending hundreds of dollars on a motor just to have one spec wrong would suck.
I'll try to look tonight or tomorrow and post back
Brian

/ my hydraulic auger #20  
I would like to know about this motor as well. I have one of those old Stickler screw log splitters and was thingking about mounting it on a hydraulic motor attached to the loader bucket. It would make it easier to break apart larger chunks of fire wood for the hydraulic splitter.

Dan

Last edited: