My Longevity Mig200S

/ My Longevity Mig200S #12  
Much better audio quality!
And better editing(voiceovers).
So nice to be able to hear clearly.
I look foward to more of these better quailty videos.

/ My Longevity Mig200S #13  
Much better audio quality!
And better editing(voiceovers).
So nice to be able to hear clearly.
I look foward to more of these better quailty videos.

Thanks Dan, we will keep them coming!

/ My Longevity Mig200S
Got home this afternoon and ended up building a new computer for BOL , But While windows was loading went out and played with a couple of pieces of tubing out of the scrap pile .

101_0055.JPG

Above is before cleaning slag

101_0059.JPG

These 2 were first and had welder a little to hot / high , was burning through the tube :ashamed:

101_0060.JPG

This was after cleaning slag and getting adjustments a little better .

Have to for sure retool my brain from welding with my 110/120 lincoln to this welder . :ashamed:

Hopefully get to town in morning , want to pick up some rod to see if I can rekindle any brain cells from my high school days on stick welding . That could be Really entertaining !!;)

In my case it was " Stick " Welding . Strike , Stick , Break loose , Strike , Stick , Break loose , etc....... :cool:

Fred H.

/ My Longevity Mig200S
My pictures Suck !! I can build computers from scratch , but trying to take a close-up without blurring , UGH !! :confused3:

If I take my time , set up every thing " Right " , ( Clean dust off glass of helmet also helps :ashamed: ) , I am still a hack , but am able to stick things together . Last weekends 5 minutes of play was the first welding done since last spring's Land Plane build , It comes around with time .

S.A. : I really Appreciate Your Help , Thoughts and Ideas , Makes Hacks Like me a better Welder or at Least Gives Me Hope .:thumbsup:

Fred H.

/ My Longevity Mig200S #17  
My pictures Suck !! I can build computers from scratch , but trying to take a close-up without blurring , UGH !! :confused3:

Many digital cameras have a "macro" button that you push for focusing on picture close-ups or else you get blury pics. I imagine even some higher end phone cameras have the feature too. I would almost guarantee that the camera you are using does if the picture is blurry. My company's expensive high dollar camera that I must use at work absolutely will not take a close-up picture without blurring unless that "macro" button is pushed.

/ My Longevity Mig200S
The Beauty of this Forum , Always Learning Something . Now going to have to research camera settings . :thumbsup:

Fred H

/ My Longevity Mig200S
Well , Headed to town yesterday for some metal from my supplier . Couple of pieces of 1/4" plate and was also looking for some 1/4" square tube , maybe 2" x 2" but ended up getting a section of 2" x 5" or 2" x 6" , ( forget now ) what it was . Anyway , shot over to a welding supplier and picked up a 5# box of 6011 . Got home and ran 2 rods through the 200S . Welder works fine in arc mode , ( Meaning the MACHINE!! ) . Me on the other hand , ugh !:( . First mig welding requires 1 movement , Horizontal , But Stick / Arc requires 2 movements , Both Horizontal and Vertical , ( Feeding rod is the vertical movement ) . Sorry People , Way to much Strain on this Brain at this point in my life :confused2:. Did it years ago in high school but older now and Seriously Doubt Wiser , so I am reverting back to my favorite acronym ,
KISS , Keep it Simple Stupid . ( Stupid meaning me ):confused3: . 1 Movement easier than 2 , Likely Why I don't Chew Gum either . Never would be able to walk any were .:thumbsup:

Fred H.

P.S. Actually did better than I thought , never stuck the rod , Just Never burned more than 1" off the rod at a time either , So Shield Arc is right there also , " Moving to slow " .

/ My Longevity Mig200S #20  
Fred;

Where are the pictures of your stick attempts?

Perhaps a seasoned pro could provide some constructive criticism.

It does not take 30yrs to lose the hang of stick welding... A year or two will do it also!

I guess I have gotten "spoiled" with MIG also