My new 3240

/ My new 3240 #21  
What do you hook to the eyebolt for a tiedown? The eye looks quite small as I use 3/8 chain. BTW, I wish I had a front blade for mine............:ashamed:

2" strap with hook. Philip.

Attachments

• TRAILERTIEDOWN02.JPG
    TRAILERTIEDOWN02.JPG
    907.6 KB · Views: 176
  • TRAILERTIEDOWN01.JPG
    TRAILERTIEDOWN01.JPG
    851.7 KB · Views: 152
   / My new 3240 #22  
Thanks for the pics. I thought that was what you would be using..........I use 3/8 chain and no straps..........

/ My new 3240 #23  
Thanks for the pics. I thought that was what you would be using..........I use 3/8 chain and no straps..........

You could always add shackels to the eye bolts to loop the chain and grab hook around. I just hate seeing the paint scrapped off of his new grill guard by that chain. The rust will grow now. Philip.

/ My new 3240 #24  
I guess I could just weld some D-Rings to the sides of the brush guard like I have welded on the sides of my trailer. Next time I get up to TSC I'm going to pick two up. My brush guard is kind of scratched up from the chains.

/ My new 3240 #25  
I like the D rings too. Have then on my trailer, on the bottom of my drawbar on the Kubota, and on my Ford 6000. Philip.

/ My new 3240 #27  
Not trying to be the safety police but ratchet straps are supposed to be closed to latch them.

Why would that make a difference? At least three wraps on the roller and tight on the cam has always served me well. Philip.

/ My new 3240 #28  
Hope you enjoy your new tractor. My Brother loves his!!!

/ My new 3240 #29  
PHILIP8N said:
Why would that make a difference? At least three wraps on the roller and tight on the cam has always served me well. Philip.

It latches them so they cant come loose, look at how they are made.

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20121025_132528.png
    ForumRunner_20121025_132528.png
    498 KB · Views: 102
   / My new 3240 #30  
It latches them so they cant come loose, look at how they are made.

That just looks like a stop to me, no locking function evident. There is no load on the strap, so your cam is not engaged. Not sure how that would effect it, I will check tonight as well. If that is a better way I sure do want to do it. Thanks. Philip.