My new B7800 from C&N Tractors

/ My new B7800 from C&N Tractors #11  
Jimsntcrz said:
Thanx EGON......I'll keep that in mind....Just put in a steel culvert pipe 20 feet long....And it rained last night.....Wanna talk mud?

Steel is friggin expensive..300 bucks for a 12 inch rolled steel culvert

I think I'm in love.....Orange love that is.....

Yep, steel is definitely expensive. I never use it for small culverts. I use dual wall plastic. 12" runs about $6 per foot. Very durable, easy to handle, lasts forever.

Also pictures are very misleading, but I hope you have better drainage away from the lower end than it appears. If not, your culvert will eventually silt full.

One last thing,,,, next time you post pictures of a project like this, remember to park the tractor in the middle of it!!! ;)

/ My new B7800 from C&N Tractors #12  
HTML:
to park the tractor in the middle of it

We want to see the battle scars!:D

/ My new B7800 from C&N Tractors #13  
Egon said:
HTML:
to park the tractor in the middle of it

We want to see the battle scars!:D

Exactly!!! ;)

/ My new B7800 from C&N Tractors
Not done with with the job yet..Will post picture this evening of finished installation....OK, with the the tractor in the middle..Everything will be going downhill...I have done some plumbing in my time...

The Reason I used steel is because the one I attached to is steel and has lasted 30 years and is still solid..My neighbor has cement trucks on occasion and don't want to risk a collapse..

Attachments

• The Dark Side.JPG
    The Dark Side.JPG
    670.7 KB · Views: 159
   / My new B7800 from C&N Tractors #15  
12" plastic would have been fine. I've had mine in for almost 5 years and many tandem dump trucks have been accross it with over 20 tons of stone and no signs of fatigue.
The first culvert I put in, we just used my old man's Massey 135 with only a back scraper blade. Took a little time but we got it. 2nd one I put in, I had my 7800 and had it finished in an hour or so.
Another attachment that isn't that expensive but you will use a lot is a set of clamp on forks. I've used mine more than I ever thought I would.
Good luck, and be careful with your new work toy.:D

OK guys here are some pics that you requested....I feel like a 58 yr old little kid with a big back yard to fix up...

Attachments

• Proud Bota 2.JPG
    Proud Bota 2.JPG
    671 KB · Views: 163
  • Proud Bota 3.JPG
    Proud Bota 3.JPG
    655.4 KB · Views: 130
  • Proud Bota 1.JPG
    Proud Bota 1.JPG
    634.4 KB · Views: 131
How long you had your tractor Timber...Looks pretty new like mine...

Fences and gates are my next project...plus the firewood and anything else that comes along,

Bent the uper lip of my bucket tryin to lift a small fir tree with a chain.
Gotta learn to cut smaller lengths...Small trees here are about 75 feet,
maybe 12 to 15 inch diameter.

/ My new B7800 from C&N Tractors #19  
I think I took delivery in august. That stinks you bent the bucket already. I do all my logging with my forks. I can get under my trees and lift them to cut from the top down and the log them to length like they were on horses. I slide my forks to the bucket edge where it is strongest. I try to do everything from the edges

If you’re out in the woods a lot I made my ballast drum out of a 55 gallon drum. This 1 is about 800 pounds or so but you can make it over a 1000 pounds. It fits nice between the rears and I don't even think about it when I am working in tight spaces

By the way I recomend that toothbar. It adds a lot of strenth to the bucket and digging is totaly different

/ My new B7800 from C&N Tractors #20  
Timberrrrr!

What size post hole digger are you running, any problems?:D