My new ck20s

/ My new ck20s #11  
By now your body must be thanking you for fine investment..congrats. :)

/ My new ck20s #12  
Congratulation's on the new tractor, I agree a 3rd range would be nice, but otherwise I'm sure you love that little critter. Gary

/ My new ck20s #13  
I have a CK20 hst with backhoe and FEL. I find I need to keep the backhoe on most of the time to counter balance the lift of heavy objects like the logs you are moving. They put a lot of stress on the front axles especially if you run in 4 wheel drive. If the rears raise up enough to lose traction, you have all the drive torque put on the front axles.
With my old Chinese tractor, you could drive into a pile in four wheel drive, go to pick up a full bucket and back out at the same time and snap the front axles.
I have not heard this to be a problem with Kioti, but I have been gun shy ever since.
I remember when mine was new an shiny clean like yours-get it dirty so the rest of us won't fell bad.

/ My new ck20s #14  
I bought a gear 08 CK 20S in late 07 and it's been nothing but an awesome tractor. I've got 300+ absoulutely trouble free hours and couldn't ask for anything more out of my tractor. It does all I need it to w/o a whimper!

The dealer's been great. The only issue (which really wasn't for me in that the tractor's garaged) was the cold start. The dealer performed the head/combustion chamber fix and it starts perfectly. I had to try it this winter, so I left it outside in 10 degree weather and it started the next morning w/o a problem

Enjoy your tractor!

Greg

/ My new ck20s #15  
Nice photos - Nice tractor! Looks like you found a neat way to pay for the machine. I'll be up for some cranberry juice when you get your booth set up to help you pay for it. Thanks for posting. KK

/ My new ck20s #16  
So it's a new 2008 model? Looks sharp, as usual I'm jealous of the folks who have a backhoe and I see your wife is the operator. I would think that a woman would have a good touch with the controls since many do nice work with quilting and stitching.

/ My new ck20s
Thanks for all the comments. It was new to me back in 08, I just got around to posting pics. Those logs I was moving were no problem, they had been drying out a couple years and I only had to move them 30 yards, then onto my neighbors trailer. I definatley needed the counterweight when moving the propane tank, and it was almost empty- just a lot of weight way out front! I'm building a 3 pt counter weight, as I have found a couple of times it would be nice to have the weight but not the bulk of the backhoe back there. I would like to get some pin on style forks for it- Anyone know if Kioti sells these or who may? Thanks DREW

/ My new ck20s #18  
There are pin on forks available from your dealer maybe $400. I found the pin ons a b**** to put on until I bought a quick attach from Michigan Iron, pretty inexpensive and it cuts the change over time to a couple of minutes for one person. You can go to skid steer type QA, but that is expensive and you need to modify your bucket- looking at maybe $1,000, for the conversion without the forks.