My new L4060 HSTC pics!

/ My new L4060 HSTC pics! #11  
Thanks for sharing! You are definitely equipped for anything.

/ My new L4060 HSTC pics! #12  
That is one nice ride! Love the hydraulics.

/ My new L4060 HSTC pics! #13  
Nice tractor. As to the Top and Tilt. My first venture into that area was with Gannon cylinders. I found out quickly the top would drift and the tilt really make for some interesting juggling trying to keep an implement level. So the expensive Gannon cylinders were replaced with a set of cylinders with "Pilot" Valves. Talk about a night and day experience. No more juggling and implements stay where placed until you change them. I am not talking about minutes or hours, I am talking days.

So my advise on Top & Tilt is to purchase with Pilot Valves. If a supplier advises his/her cylinders will not drift or leak down please request he/she put that in writing with a postage free return policy. Nothing like looking back and see that new rotary cutter jacked up in the front about 25 degrees with a side tilt of 45 degree and you have ten more acres of field to cut and your wondering "How many time will I have to adjust before I finish."

Double Pilot Operated Check Valve cylinders are good for when you absolutely don't want to ever have to adjust your cylinders. If you need them to stay the same for days then they are the way to go. However, keep in mind that most valves come with a float detent position which is extremely useful for certain applications. DPOCV valves cannon use the float function that your valves may have, so you are losing some functionality with that. It's not a big deal if you don't want that, but just be aware....

If your valves are leaking down that fast, then it's not the cylinders fault, it's probably the seals in your valve itself. If the valves are brand new and still leaking down very quickly, it's probably a pretty cheap quality valve.

I have "non" DPOCV because I don't want to be without the float function, I very rarely DON'T use float. I don't notice how often I have to adjust my top n tilt cylinders because when I'm on the tractor, I'm using whatever implement I have, and I've never gone hours and hours without having to make an adjustment to the cylinders anyways.

If leak down would bother you, and you want to be able to hold your heavy duty box blade at the same angle for a week at a time when you park your tractor, then you should go with DPOCV cylinders. :D

/ My new L4060 HSTC pics! #14  
I also meant to say that it looks like we have the same cutter as well. I've been impressed with what this combination will cut. I think you'll also be impressed with the Tier IV fuel economy.

/ My new L4060 HSTC pics! #15  
Congrats, that is a very nice tractor.

/ My new L4060 HSTC pics! #16  
Beautiful- enjoy your new beast!

/ My new L4060 HSTC pics! #18  
Nice tractor. Grapple looks very handy.

/ My new L4060 HSTC pics!
Thanks for all the comments.

The grapple is made by a small company in Perry, FL about 2hours East of where I live. The company calls there grapple "Rakemasters" and they have a website for those who want to take a look. I know they do custom work, and you can order direct from them.

I am very pleased with the tractor and will keep you posted when I get my top and tilt installed.

Stu

/ My new L4060 HSTC pics! #20  
Looks like a beauty!

Nice to see those new gang quick connects on a tractor. Have you put them to use much? Would love to hear your impressions.