My new M7060 (pics)

/ My new M7060 (pics)
Thanks for the views and the comments!!

BigBubba..still thinking about a canopy but I do spend most of my time in the woods or working near a tree line, so I'm gonna pass for now. If I had to work the fields for days on end I definitely would invest in a canopy.

SixDogs...I do have the rear wheels ballasted with water/anti-freeze. I'm expecting that and the box blade I use (660 lbs) should be enough for the work I'll be doing. I'm actually worried I may be too heavy as is considering the mud I work in regularly.

/ My new M7060 (pics) #12  
What type of soil and terrain do you have? What general geographic location?

/ My new M7060 (pics)
The tillable land is loamy but the creek bottom area is very muddy in areas with red clay. I’m in the middle Georgia piedmont area.

/ My new M7060 (pics) #14  
Congratulations. Nice tractor! Love those big front tires for loader work. Get some front grill protection for grapple work. I do like a 4 post ROPS and top for working in or near trees. You will enjoy working with a great tractor.

/ My new M7060 (pics) #15  
Congrats on the new tractor.

/ My new M7060 (pics) #16  
Congrats! Just curious.....

I have a MX 5800, 9 months old. I noticed yours has a tall black exhaust? Pipe sticking up.

I guess that痴 standard? I wonder why mine does not have one?

/ My new M7060 (pics) #17  
A very fine piece of equipment. AND a grapple just like mine - Land Pride SGC 1560. I VERY STRONGLY suggest you do something like I've done with my OEM grill guard. There are limbs, sticks & stobs, out there, just looking for your grill, radiator & battery.

View attachment 666515View attachment 666516. I have the Rhino 950 @ 1050# on the 3-point, 1550# of RimGuard in the rear tires and the 820# grapple on the FEL. Total weight - 10,010#.

/ My new M7060 (pics) #18  
I have a 20 year old M6800, a great size. You will enjoy yours no doubt. I must also recommend protect your grill area. I bought a smaller Kubota with grapple this year and within few hours had ripped the black netting in the grill area. It is made of black gold. You certainly don't want to damage what all is behind it.

/ My new M7060 (pics)
Congrats! Just curious.....

I have a MX 5800, 9 months old. I noticed yours has a tall black exhaust? Pipe sticking up.

I guess thatç—´ standard? I wonder why mine does not have one?

Yes, it is standard. I asked about a downward exhaust but that is an add-on option. My Ford has a downward exhaust and honestly, it almost chokes you from the fumes if you connect an implement while the tractor is running.

/ My new M7060 (pics)
A very fine piece of equipment. AND a grapple just like mine - Land Pride SGC 1560. I VERY STRONGLY suggest you do something like I've done with my OEM grill guard. There are limbs, sticks & stobs, out there, just looking for your grill, radiator & battery.

View attachment 666515View attachment 666516. I have the Rhino 950 @ 1050# on the 3-point, 1550# of RimGuard in the rear tires and the 820# grapple on the FEL. Total weight - 10,010#.

Really like that grill guard! Do you have a link to or name of the manufacturer? I had a grill guard fabricated for my Ford 4600 SU (I will try to attach a picture of that). After working the new tractor for just a little while, I realized I was very apprehensive about how unprotected the front felt (I certainly don't want any holes like happened to kthompson).

Also oosik, you have the M6040 so I'm assuming the base weight is close to the M6060 (right at 5000 lbs). With the loader (approx 1250 lbs), grapple (820 lbs), and RimGuard in the tires (1550 lbs)...I'm adding up to about 8600 lbs. I have water and antifreeze in mine, and the chart I saw shows about 600lbs per rear tire added weight. Are you sure you didn't add your rear tire weight twice?

This is the best picture I have access to right now of my Ford grill guard. It's a beast!
Ford 4600.jpeg