My New MF 1529

/ My New MF 1529 #12  
I'm almost convinced to buy a 1529. Also looking at a Kubota L4400 - quite a bit more power. I'm afraid the 1529 will be at the end of its power with lifting a scoop of dirt, lifting 8' oak logs, and powering a 5' brush hog thru thick fescue. Have you had any problems or disappointments with getting a 1529?

/ My New MF 1529 #13  
none-- Plenty of power for me.. run 5 foot brush hog and have went over 5 foot reed canary and it was amazing the power. The old ford 8n54 would have to take 2 feet at a time the 1529 did not even slow down. What is amazing is how easily in -20 weather it starts. I have yet to plug it in. No for my use it is more than enough tractor. But we all have different needs.
Easy on fuel as well. I had a 15 yard load of class 5 dumped and it handles buckets full with no problem. If anything I notice is the narrow wheel base which I think is designed for shipping on ships can be a little problem on rough ground in the woods. I do not have ag tires and that would help in that situation. The front wheel base is so narrow that on really rough terrain the wheels will not grab and just spin.

/ My New MF 1529
I'm almost convinced to buy a 1529. Also looking at a Kubota L4400 - quite a bit more power. I'm afraid the 1529 will be at the end of its power with lifting a scoop of dirt, lifting 8' oak logs, and powering a 5' brush hog thru thick fescue. Have you had any problems or disappointments with getting a 1529?

I love my tractor. I've used it to clean up our land that hadn't been cut in 10 years. Blackberry thickets taller than me on the tractor. I've got 49.5 hours on it. So obviously not using it everyday lol but it's so nice to have when I need it. I like smaller size it lets me into tighter places in the woods. I can see how if I had a lot of cutting to do it be nicer to have a larger cutter.

No problems until this evening. My hydraulics stopped working for my front end loader as I was moving some firewood. Going to call my dealer in the morning. Nothing obviously wrong as far as I can tell. Hopefully it still under warranty if it's something major.

/ My New MF 1529 #16  
none-- Plenty of power for me.. run 5 foot brush hog and have went over 5 foot reed canary and it was amazing the power. The old ford 8n54 would have to take 2 feet at a time the 1529 did not even slow down. What is amazing is how easily in -20 weather it starts. I have yet to plug it in. No for my use it is more than enough tractor. But we all have different needs. Easy on fuel as well. I had a 15 yard load of class 5 dumped and it handles buckets full with no problem. If anything I notice is the narrow wheel base which I think is designed for shipping on ships can be a little problem on rough ground in the woods. I do not have ag tires and that would help in that situation. The front wheel base is so narrow that on really rough terrain the wheels will not grab and just spin.

A little behind on seeing this post. If your tires are pretty narrow you may want to see if you have reversible rims. My last tractor had them. All you do is switch sides and keep the tread going the same direction. I think I gained probably 8 inches width both front and rear and maybe more. It was a small tractor