My new toy

/ My new toy #11  
Good info Carl. I bet that's the difference between a commercial grade machine like the Ferris and a 'high-end' residential unit like the new Cub Z-Force. More adjustibility on the Ferris. The Cub would be torture on your arms/hands to run 6-8hrs a day! At best (or worst!?!?) I do 30hrs per year.

Joel

/ My new toy #12  
Congrats on your new ZTR! Learning to use it is half the fun!

Michael

/ My new toy #13  
good luck with it -- they're a godsend time-wise --

-- watch making corners / turns too quick -- you'll rip up the grass --

-- and always hose down the deck when you're done --

-- and grease the spindles before mowing --

then you're all set!

/ My new toy #14  
Great new toy!
I had an M-72 for awhile, wished I still had it now with the bigger lawn I just bought. What a blast to drive!

Always love the look of a brand new piece of yellow gear.....

/ My new toy #15  
-

-- and always hose down the deck when you're done --

Eeek! Gotta disagree with you there. A quick underneath scrape and a leaf blower are your friends when it comes to cleaning off the deck. All these cubs do come with the "deck wash system" that you can snap your garden hose on, but it makes a nightmarish mess and absolutely will ruin your spindles and multitude of sealed bearing belt pulleys quicker than air will. I had one of the first "deck wash" equipped Cubs in 2005 and can't believe it's still a marketing ploy today.

Joel

/ My new toy #16  
Eeek! Gotta disagree with you there. A quick underneath scrape and a leaf blower are your friends when it comes to cleaning off the deck. All these cubs do come with the "deck wash system" that you can snap your garden hose on, but it makes a nightmarish mess and absolutely will ruin your spindles and multitude of sealed bearing belt pulleys quicker than air will. I had one of the first "deck wash" equipped Cubs in 2005 and can't believe it's still a marketing ploy today.
Joel

AMEN!! I threw the deckwash hose adapter away as soon as the tractor was delivered in '05. I do wash the tractor once a year, usually before I cover it up for the winter, but I only use the bare hose (no nozzle) so as not to blast water where it doesn't belong, and then grease all fittings after the wash to purge out any moisture.

I just blow it off with either my air compressor or shop vacuum after each mowing and since I always mow in the evening when the grass is dry, I get very little grass buildup under the deck once the first few mowings of spring have passed.

/ My new toy #17  
that's okay to disagree --

-- i use a compressor to blow the grass off the top of the unit when done mowing --

-- and jack up the front and lie on the ground to manually wash the underside of the deck --

-- that way, i stay away from the spindles, and just get the areas where the grass build-up is -- on the sides of the deck.

-- has worked very well thusfar -- :D