My NX6010

/ My NX6010 #1,111  
I have a field piece head that measures 2 different temps at the same time.

/ My NX6010 #1,112  
Moved snow for several hours this week, and only popped out of range once. It was as Eric describes: attempting to move forward from a stop, as the engine revved, with "Linked Peddle" engaged. This time, rather than touch the range selector, I experimented by raising and lowering the FEL once. That was all it took. Pressed the forward peddle and off I went. Hmm.

Were you in the same range the whole time or were you switching between ranges?

/ My NX6010 #1,113  
   / My NX6010 #1,114  
Mid-range the whole time.

I was thinking if you were switching between ranges you may have not got it all the way in and it popped out. Since you were in medium the whole, that was not the case. If it was not all the way in gear it would have popped out as soon as it was under a load. With these tractors popping out of range so intermittently, it is going to be a hard problem to diagnose.

/ My NX6010 #1,115  
I was thinking if you were switching between ranges you may have not got it all the way in and it popped out. Since you were in medium the whole, that was not the case. If it was not all the way in gear it would have popped out as soon as it was under a load. With these tractors popping out of range so intermittently, it is going to be a hard problem to diagnose.

I don't know if it's possibly related but my DK40se is fussy about GOING IN to mid range. Easy to come out (intentionally) and easy to get into either low or high but midrange sometimes (maybe 25% of the time) requires a little jiggling and sometimes tractor movement before it clunks in. Never has popped out once it's in though.

/ My NX6010 #1,116  
I don't know if it's possibly related but my DK40se is fussy about GOING IN to mid range. Easy to come out (intentionally) and easy to get into either low or high but midrange sometimes (maybe 25% of the time) requires a little jiggling and sometimes tractor movement before it clunks in. Never has popped out once it's in though.

My Bobcat CT235 was hard to get into each range. It also took some movement sometimes to get all the way in.

/ My NX6010 #1,117  
Keep an eye on the dash when you have movement problems. Look to see if the "CAL" light is illuminated. If you happen to hit the reverse peddle at the same time as the forward the computer goes into safe mode. You may not even realize that the reverse peddle got tapped when attempting to move forward. (Same thing with going in reverse and nudging the forward peddle) When the unit goes into safe mode the transmission is disabled and the CAL light illuminates. You need to leave both peddles released for a few seconds for it to reset. If you keep trying the forward and reverse peddle it will not reset. The next assumption is that it popped out of gear. When you start messing with the shifter the computer resets and the logical explanation is that the range shifter must have jumped out of gear because it works now.

We have had two complaints on NX's jumping out of gear and in both cases after showing the customer this situation they both have reported back that this was the issue. We now have the customer push both peddles during our delivery training to show them what happens.

Try to push both peddles at the same time and watch the CAL light. You will see how it is possible to get into an endless cycle by attempting to move forward and reverse without giving the system a chance to reset with no peddles depressed. This safety is built into protect the transmission.

In your case Eric it sounds like you have actually verified that your shifter jumped forward. I will be curious to hear the outcome on that one.

/ My NX6010
#1,118  
Keep an eye on the dash when you have movement problems. Look to see if the "CAL" light is illuminated. If you happen to hit the reverse peddle at the same time as the forward the computer goes into safe mode. You may not even realize that the reverse peddle got tapped when attempting to move forward. (Same thing with going in reverse and nudging the forward peddle) When the unit goes into safe mode the transmission is disabled and the CAL light illuminates. You need to leave both peddles released for a few seconds for it to reset. If you keep trying the forward and reverse peddle it will not reset. The next assumption is that it popped out of gear. When you start messing with the shifter the computer resets and the logical explanation is that the range shifter must have jumped out of gear because it works now.

We have had two complaints on NX's jumping out of gear and in both cases after showing the customer this situation they both have reported back that this was the issue. We now have the customer push both peddles during our delivery training to show them what happens.

Try to push both peddles at the same time and watch the CAL light. You will see how it is possible to get into an endless cycle by attempting to move forward and reverse without giving the system a chance to reset with no peddles depressed. This safety is built into protect the transmission.

In your case Eric it sounds like you have actually verified that your shifter jumped forward. I will be curious to hear the outcome on that one.

The jumping out of gear that I've described isn't mashing down on both HST pedals at the same time, but is a loud bang from the shift lever popping out of gear into neutral. So far, the shift lever has always popped forward. I want to say that my tractor has popped out of medium into neutral perhaps a dozen times, and once from low into neutral. It has done so from the beginning. After the second time the tractor popped out of gear I became very deliberate in my shifting into ranges, alternatively tapping the forward and then the reverse HST pedals while gently rattling the shift lever in its indexed gate to confirm the gear itself is indexed in case there is some slop on the shift fork from either wear or getting bent.

My tractor had 7.5 hours on it when I picked it up and so I don't know if people demoing it jammed the lever potentially bending the shift fork, or if the detent spring is too weak enough so as to allow the gear to slide back out of gear under the right conditions. In every instance that my NX has jumped out of its range gear, it was in a transitionary load from no load to just starting to take up slack in the driveline, and *bang* you know that it has popped out of gear and not an accidental mushing on both HST pedals.

Now that at least two others are reporting the same thing here on TBN, I'm no longer the only guy with the problem and so far all of us have HST transmissions.

/ My NX6010 #1,119  
The jumping out of gear that I've described isn't mashing down on both HST pedals at the same time, but is a loud bang from the shift lever popping out of gear into neutral. So far, the shift lever has always popped forward. I want to say that my tractor has popped out of medium into neutral perhaps a dozen times, and once from low into neutral. It has done so from the beginning. After the second time the tractor popped out of gear I became very deliberate in my shifting into ranges, alternatively tapping the forward and then the reverse HST pedals while gently rattling the shift lever in its indexed gate to confirm the gear itself is indexed in case there is some slop on the shift fork from either wear or getting bent.

My tractor had 7.5 hours on it when I picked it up and so I don't know if people demoing it jammed the lever potentially bending the shift fork, or if the detent spring is too weak enough so as to allow the gear to slide back out of gear under the right conditions. In every instance that my NX has jumped out of its range gear, it was in a transitionary load from no load to just starting to take up slack in the driveline, and *bang* you know that it has popped out of gear and not an accidental mushing on both HST pedals.

Now that at least two others are reporting the same thing here on TBN, I'm no longer the only guy with the problem and so far all of us have HST transmissions.

A shift fork should not bend that easy.