My NX6010

/ My NX6010 #21  
Very Nice Eric, congratulations on finally getting it home:thumbsup:
It must be torture to not be able to start tearing stuff up.

/ My NX6010
Eric, looks like your garage is full of stuff. You're not going to leave that new tractor out in the rain, I hope. :eek:

I'm curious about your trailer. Looks like it's a pretty good fit, and the tractor has plenty of space between the trailer fenders. Yet I'm guessing your width, sidewall to sidewall, with the R-4s is about 78-79" inches, isn't it? My NX4510 has the Titan R-3s, and it is about 85" sidewall to sidewall. I'd been thinking I'll need to get a deckover if I want to haul it around locally. But maybe a trailer like yours would work.

The tractor is a trailer queen until I build a garage on the new property. I can store it over the winter, but if everything goes to plan, I'll be wintering at my lake home and I'll need the tractor to clear snow, so it'll still be sitting outside.

1402890_10201267953960403_2079905262_o.jpg

The trailer is au upgraded PJ Trailers C5 car hauler with 5200 pound axles. The trailer is 20' long with a 2' dovetail to make it lower and easier to load and unload equipment and the deck is 83" wide. It has tip up, spring-loaded ramps, stake pockets, a rub rail, lockable chain box, spare tire mount, wheel and tire, and a 10,000 pound jack in front. The trailer's GVWR is 12,500 so the trailer can carry right around 9800 pounds with a 15% tongue weight. I wanna say I paid $4600ish for it including the custom red color and upgrades.

Last edited:
   / My NX6010
Very Nice Eric, congratulations on finally getting it home:thumbsup:
It must be torture to not be able to start tearing stuff up.

A big problem I have is getting insurance. Nobody wants to write a liability policy.

/ My NX6010 #24  
[snip]
The trailer is au upgraded PJ Trailers C5 car hauler with 5200 pound axles. The trailer is 20' long with a 2' dovetail to make it lower and easier to load and unload equipment and the deck is 83" wide. It has tip up, spring-loaded ramps, stake pockets, a rub rail, lockable chain box, spare tire mount, wheel and tire, and a 10,000 pound jack in front. The trailer's GVWR is 12,500 so the trailer can carry right around 9800 pounds with a 15% tongue weight. I wanna say I paid $4600ish for it including the custom red color and upgrades.

Very nice. Thnx!

/ My NX6010
What's the hose for, and why does it have to go?

The hose comes off of the power beyond nd goes to the remote stack, three point valve and into tank. Monday, I plan to remove it and take it to a hydraulic supply shop to size it. I think it is a JIC fitting on one end and what appears to me as a giant banjo fitting with two o-rings on the other end. I need to tap into the hose with a D03 or D05 sub plate large enough to carry the theoretical 12.5 gpm this hose can carry to run a 3rd function.

Depending on how much the hoses related stuff costs, I also hope to shake my piggy bank hard enough to get a Grammar 95/731 air suspension seat with 7" of suspension travel.

But my high nail for this week is taking and passing the broker test and since I have a horrible memory, I tend to test below my fighting weight.

/ My NX6010
I got some movement today.

First, the hydraulic supply place has been very accommodating and sent me home with what I hope will be the right sized plugs so that when I remove the Power beyond hose, I can plug the holes (don't start the engine!).

Second, an insurer looks like I may be able to get commercial insurance as a landscaper but I don't know at what cost. The issue is a start-up business. Once I'm in business for a few years, I'm told insurance people will be knocking on my door.

I'm signed up to try to pass the broker test Wednesday, so I'm all about studying for that.

/ My NX6010
I passed the broker test and by Friday, I got my application in order and submitted it to the Minnesota Commerce Department. With rain the past few days, today is the first chance I've had to fiddle with the tractor. Stripping down the interior today.

10382095_10202539112378569_5500721716535380376_o.jpg

/ My NX6010 #29  
Eric, congratulations on your brokers exam. Are you going to sell your own property, or property for others?One thing I've been wondering about with all the mods you have been doing and plan on, how does this effect your warranty, should you need it? lt190b

/ My NX6010
Eric, congratulations on your brokers exam. Are you going to sell your own property, or property for others?One thing I've been wondering about with all the mods you have been doing and plan on, how does this effect your warranty, should you need it? lt190b

My plan is to run a management company. In Minnesota, one must be a licensed real estate broker to sell buy or sell 5 or more RE per year, manage 4 or more properties, or to broker commercial loans. In my case I hope to manage vacation homes and if needs be list and sell them as needed or find my clients different RE. Meanwhile I also have my 1/2 mile of lake shore to subdivide and develop.

Warranty wise here is what I know: you cannot remove a Kioti switch without breaking the tabs. They are cheaper than cheap.

My dealer's staff managed to scuff up nearly every panel taking apart less than what I did today. They need to learn best practices. Even so, the Kioti panels are cheap and really do scuff easily—especially the B and C pillar covers.