My plow mount thread...

/ My plow mount thread...
There was a bout 1.5" this morning, suppose to snow most of the day and into tomorrow.. So I should get to test her out a lil..

I usually do all 5-6 of my neighbors as well, so should be able to work out any kinks and test out different down pressure's..

/ My plow mount thread... #72  
I having trouble looking at the pictures, figuring out what holds up that vertical mast that the cylinder is attached to?

Looks like you would need a structural member from the top, rearward to the mount somewhere to stabilize.

Both for lifting but especially if your gonna be pushing on it with down pressure.

JB.

Yeah its a weird setup on the snow bear plows.. the tall mast is connected back onto the frame. The setup has a lot of play in it, like 3-4 inches.

When i put down pressure it has 2" of slop to take up first.. When i go to pick up the plow it has 2" inches of slop that way as well. Thats why my orignal cylinder wouldn' work. I tried taking up the slop with a strap just to test and the piston just wasn't long enough.

I'll get a better picture tonight..

Last edited:
   / My plow mount thread... #74  
depending on how deep you plan to plow, you should be fine with that 2305.

I have the identical (but not in as good condition) plow on my little 1830. With the 20" we got the other week, it did better than I thought. I have filled Ags and about 500 lbs of rear ballast. I did plow after the 1st 8" of snow, then again when it was done, but my tractor did great! (even pulled out a JD 770 on 2 occasions - but he only had turfs). Yours should do even better than mine.

Great news Jimmer... I only have turf tires too, but so far haven't even needed to put the ballast on, the JD's been doing great in the snow..

Worked out great today after work, only took three passes on my driveway, instead of 6-8 with the loader.. Was able to do my drive and 4 others in about 30 minutes.. Used to take an hour or more... (granted there was only 2" inches of snow)

The start..
p1010645mi.jpg

The Pile:
p1010646r.jpg

The pile 2:
p1010647n.jpg

Played with the down pressure, with no down pressure it did ok. With a lil down pressure it seems to really scrap the driveway nice, like i could do with the loader.. With a lot of down pressure i was tripping the plow a lot..

All around happy with this project, saved some cash, got to screw around with the welder and made my life a lil bit simpler..

/ My plow mount thread... #78  
Yeah I had to clean a whopping 3 inches today, but was thinking that with such little snow it's definitely easier with plow and less wear and tear, trying to clean up so little snow with the loader is a pain.

Did you use the float position of your loader valve, so the plow just "floats" along the surface. It comes in handy if you have to plow uneven areas like swales, aprons etc.

JB.

/ My plow mount thread... #79  
Good on ya. Nice when a project comes together like that.
Now ya need the wing plow. :D :D

/ My plow mount thread... #80  
Glad it worked out well for you.

Sidebar - I see your stepped stone work on the left side. If you don't mind, would you pls post more pictures of that? We want to do something very similiar with our place this summer.

How did you keep the higher courses from sagging?