My poor neighbor

/ My poor neighbor #1  

woodlandfarms

Tractor
PowerTrac 1850, Kubota RTV x900
So last week he had his sheetrock truck go off the edge of his road. The tow was HUGE in my estimation, but I guess necessary. This is the second heavy truck stuck on his flat and easy to navigate driveway. First was a large concrete truck (didn't get any pictures). Second was this truck and 3 hours after the guy got out my neighbor called me to get his little ford tractor out of the rut dug by the stuck truck. He has no ROPS and was on his side. Lucky guy for sure.

Cool thing was the tow truck drivers son. Maybe 12 or 13 but doing a bunch of grunt work running pick lines and operating the swiveling boom.

Carl

Attachments

• IMG_20101218_101823.jpg
    IMG_20101218_101823.jpg
    551.2 KB · Views: 975
  • IMG_20101218_101931.jpg
    IMG_20101218_101931.jpg
    551.9 KB · Views: 964
  • IMG_20101218_102325.jpg
    IMG_20101218_102325.jpg
    479 KB · Views: 886
   / My poor neighbor #3  
But he only has ONE wheel stuck.....Did anyone try a good nylon strap before calling in the big guns?

/ My poor neighbor #4  
pat32rf said:
But he only has ONE wheel stuck.....Did anyone try a good nylon strap before calling in the big guns?

And what would you hook it up to?

/ My poor neighbor #5  
The drive should be wider!

As a fire fighter what happens if your house was on fire and same mishap happens!

We had a barn go up and the only trucks that could navigate the drive were pickups the owner was up set.

Just my opinion.

tom

/ My poor neighbor #6  

As a fire fighter what happens if your house was on fire and same mishap happens!

We had a barn go up and the only trucks that could navigate the drive were pickups the owner was up set.

Just my opinion.

tom
Good point.

/ My poor neighbor #7  
The thread brings back fond memories of Thursday 12/30/10 :D

Hope everything worked out ok! :cool:

/ My poor neighbor #8  
That sucks...literally. Big trucks and springtime do not mix well at all. Your neighbour is lucky he's okay without a ROPS.

/ My poor neighbor #9  

Just my opinion.

tom
I often wonder why people have such narrow driveways. I have a friend of mine that snow plows his rather long driveway barely wide enough for a smaller pickup truck. If he ever needs to have an emergency vehicle get to his house he will be completely SOL.

/ My poor neighbor #10  
Maybe the drive isn't all that bad? Maybe the driver is inexperienced and/or nervous, or just wasn't paying attention?? I have had drivers{single axle dumps}come to my place and tell me my drive was way to hard to maneuver wouldn't even try. On the other hand I've had drivers{tri axle dumps} come and have no issue at all. I also noticed the position of the wrecker compared to the sheet rock truck, maybe it's just the picture but it looks to me like missjudgement of the drive?