My Poor Truck

/ My Poor Truck #1  

Dan Hunter

Platinum Member
Tractor
2012 John Deere 3720 eHydro
I can't believe it! Last winter, some drunk leaving my neighbor's party hit my truck backing out of her driveway. It was legally parked in the street; I was butchering/hanging my deer in the garage spot for the truck. They trashed the bed at the fuel cap. No note. The next weekend, she had another party and NO ONE was parked in a fashion that required backing. Clearly she knew what happened and who did it. I understand not wanting to fess up immediately and risk me calling the cops. Still, I've done nothing to this person and even repaired her yard after the city tore it up putting in a meter. Oh, she's a big Democrat supporter and she knows I'm retired military. Beyond that, I don't know why she wouldn't try to make it right. I pulled the bed and painted the 94 Chevy pickup with parker duck boat paint (it's really tough) while I waited for Bramco in Fairview OK to build me a flat bed. It ended up looking quite rejuvinated. It never had dents - I can't live with that - the bay gray paint unified the original flaking paint to one color and I thought it looked nice.

Today, between mowing the lawn, showering, and going to work, one of the lawn service guys backed his trailer into my truck PARKED IN MY DRIVEWAY! It has an 8-10 inch gouge cut deep into the door at utility trailer height. No note. What's wrong with people? I know nothing about Bondo but I guess I'm going to learn.

Oh, how I wish I could move out of town to my ranch.

/ My Poor Truck #2  
Time for a little detective work on your part, then have BOTH of them make it rite or it's get even time, like call the cops on your neighbors next party and don't pay the lawn mower guy after you've put him off for as long as you can.

/ My Poor Truck #3  
Wow, that Sux! :thumbsdown:
It's really too late to expect your neighbor to do anything about the first incident... although if you are on good terms with her it would be worth approaching the subject.

Was the lawn care guy working for you or just turning around in your driveway? Either way I would call and talk to them. They certainly wouldn't get any money from me for services rendered if I knew that they had run into my truck.

/ My Poor Truck #4  
no worth the effort at this point ... you didn't see either "do it" so there is no proof .... let it go. ( it still SUX )

learn about welding ( hey , a new hobby ! ) or about fiberglass cloth and resin ....

you need a piece of plastic garbage bag 10" bigger than the "hole" ... lay it out flat on the ground ... cut a piece of glass cloth about 2 inches bigger around than the hole ... mix up the resin ... put the cloth on the plastic , pour the resin on the cloth, use a small paint roller to move the resin around and saturate the cloth ... lift the PLASTIC with the cloth on it and place over the hole ... smooth out the back ( clean) side of the plastic to work out any wrinkles ... let it harden , then peel off the plastic ... bondo , prime and paint ....