My poor work bench

/ My poor work bench #11  
May I suggest you rebuild a small engine on your wife's kitchen counter-tops, and :D at her when she asks what and why you are doing such a thing. If that doesn't cure her of messing up your garage, nothing will. :laughing:

Sure!;) How about YOU try it, and let us know how long it takes to get back from the doghouse/hospital; hmmm?:licking:

/ My poor work bench #12  
Sure!;) How about YOU try it, and let us know how long it takes to get back from the doghouse/hospital; hmmm?:licking:
Done it multiple times. I lived. :D

Wrooster

DSC00028_sm.jpg

DSC00007_sm.jpg

DSC00026_sm.jpg

DSC00460_sm.jpg

IMG_0127_sm.jpg

IMG_0163_sm.jpg

/ My poor work bench #13  
quote: Done it multiple times. I lived.

Wrooster

By the look of it, you're also clean, neat and tidy with it!:thumbsup: I'm not a motorbike guy so forgive me if I ask a dumb question: is that a restoration happening or are you customizing your ride? Your wife seems content to let you have the kitchen; mine would have me doing all the meal prep and other kitchen duties anytime I wanted to "set up shop" in there.:laughing:

/ My poor work bench #16  
Your wife should have yelled at them "USE A COASTER!!!" "WHAT, WERE YOU RAISED IN A BARN?" :D

/ My poor work bench
My wife only loves me having a shop when she needs something fixed. The rest of the time it's "you have too many tools".
I actually now keep a pile of coasters out st the bench. Never again!

/ My poor work bench #18  
Wrooster

By the look of it, you're also clean, neat and tidy with it!:thumbsup: I'm not a motorbike guy so forgive me if I ask a dumb question: is that a restoration happening or are you customizing your ride? Your wife seems content to let you have the kitchen; mine would have me doing all the meal prep and other kitchen duties anytime I wanted to "set up shop" in there.:laughing:
For a few years we lived in a beach house (= no basement) with an unheated detached garage. Every winter I would need to tear down my enduro motorcycle for preventative maintenance/lubrication, and the choices were basically 1) on the benchtop in the garage when it is 15'F outside, or 2) in the house where it's warm. :)

The agreement with my wife was twofold: first, that I didn't dilly-dally around -- the project had to finish in a timely matter. And second, that whenever the kitchen was occupied by the disassembled bike, I was to either cook dinner or we would eat out. As you imagine I only took over the kitchen once, as the result was too much work and/or too expensive!!! :laughing:

Note that I didn't really do anything "untidy" in the house; for example, cleaning of dirty/greasy bearings and so on would be done outside on the attached deck. In other words the house did not end up smelling like a petro-chemical factory site...

Wrooster