Snow My solution to the back blade for snow issue on my B2630.

/ My solution to the back blade for snow issue on my B2630. #1  

bw_wis

Bronze Member
Tractor
Kubuta B2630
I bought a 60" plow blade for an ATV. Got the blade mount really cheap (it was a leftover from a '90s model). I modified the mount and built an adapter for the 3pt. Total of about $400.00 and 6hrs fab and setup time.
I have concrete drives and sidewalks. They have a lot of cracks and bumps. I still need my FEL ready for other uses. So I needed a rear mounted snow removal solution. Blower are too big, expensive, and I don't have a cab to block the blow back. A standard rear blade doesn't have any give. I didn't want to break anything if it got caught.

Attachments

• DSC_0595.JPG
    DSC_0595.JPG
    979.7 KB · Views: 288
  • DSC_0601.JPG
    DSC_0601.JPG
    755.6 KB · Views: 209
  • DSC_0605.JPG
    DSC_0605.JPG
    845.1 KB · Views: 208
   / My solution to the back blade for snow issue on my B2630. #2  
I bought a 60" plow blade for an ATV. Got the blade mount really cheap (it was a leftover from a '90s model). I modified the mount and built an adapter for the 3pt. Total of about $400.00 and 6hrs fab and setup time.
I have concrete drives and sidewalks. They have a lot of cracks and bumps. I still need my FEL ready for other uses. So I needed a rear mounted snow removal solution. Blower are too big, expensive, and I don't have a cab to block the blow back. A standard rear blade doesn't have any give. I didn't want to break anything if it got caught.

Can you get your tractor to go fast enough to throw the snow going backward?

KC

/ My solution to the back blade for snow issue on my B2630. #3  
That looks really nice, BW. It'll be interesting to hear how it works out for you.

Does it float around the tilt axis? Can you change the plow angle easily?

/ My solution to the back blade for snow issue on my B2630.
I've only used it once. Two inches of wet snow. It worked great. I don't know yet how how well it will throw the snow. The blade floats nice, but I'm planning to add some weight in hopes it'll scrape better. The pivot is manual and easy to use. I can easily drill new holes for different angles or I may add remote adjustment.

/ My solution to the back blade for snow issue on my B2630. #5  
THe only issue I can think of is that your tractor has several timers the weight and power of an ATV. If that blade gets caught on something it is going to suffer. So. I'd be careful. Other then that It looks pretty good and I'm sure it works very well too.