My Stupid Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / My Stupid Problem #171  
It would have been very easy to have walked that field and not seen the hole, or worse yet, to have stepped into it.

I'm sure we all have had the experience of noticing something on our land for the first time, that we have walked or mowed very near to in the past without seeing it.

/ My Stupid Problem
I wonder if the quarry operation had something to do with the hole? Or, there could be caverns below the rock too.

No the quarry had nothing to do with it.

This guy dug the flat spot in spring 2007 (this turned up in my Google Earth investigation) with a track loader that he conveniently no longer owns (his words). The flat spot is near the bottom of a hill. The farm road is just above the flat spot and a creek about 75 yards below the spot. When it rains, like it did yesterday, the runoff comes from what I estimate to be about 6-7 acres down the hill, across the road on its way to the creek. Well it used to flow freely all the way to the creek until homeboy dug a flat spot, now it ponds up there. The water seeping through that clay eventually eroded enough soil that the whole thing flushed like a toilet.

I underestimated how much water comes off that hill. It is very apparent in the last pictures how much there really is. Not only did it look but also sounded like a water fall.

There is no way the owner could have known that hole was present when he sent me in.

Walking this field would have been nearly impossible. A rabbit couldn't have made his way through.

/ My Stupid Problem #173  
Pour some more sugar on it , The pictures just bolster the fact you should have walked the property extensively If you don't want to or can't then increase the insurance and have the salvage company on speed dial , Your posting pictures of hazards YOU should have found before you put your own personal safety at risk/ your equipment or the ones that need to help you retrieve it !

/ My Stupid Problem
You fail to understand that the opening was a quarter of that size until a bush hog was on top of it.

Thank you, GOM, for looking at my pictures and entertaining this week. You're a hoot.

/ My Stupid Problem
The only mistake I made was to come here and share an experience. I believe I came out on top considering what could have happened. BR looked at the situation and knew what he was up against by helping me.

I'm not sure how or why you picked me to try to bully but I really don't give a sh*t. You are obnoxious, like a dog pe**er gnat, but pose no threat to me or my psyche

/ My Stupid Problem
Yes I called another farmer, who is also a friend... a pleasure you will never know. If anyone payed $50k for a tractor like mine they need another dealer.

/ My Stupid Problem #177  
I am glad you got it out DT.:thumbsup: I knew you could. I can tell by your posts on this forum that you were more than capable of getting it out. It is funny how some people can look at a picture and know exactly how to get it out, have a back up plan if it doesn't work and how long it would take. I thought it was funny at one point in this thread someone thought a little 24hp tractor would pull it out. Just out of curiosity what does the tractor and bat wing weigh?

/ My Stupid Problem #178  
:thumbsdown:Do not feed the troll.

/ My Stupid Problem #179  
Or I didn't want to spend the money to have it recovered by professionals ?

If he would have called in professionals you would have complained about that. You were complaining in another thread about people not doing stuff their are capable of doing. They got the tractor out no one got hurt.

/ My Stupid Problem #180  
:thumbsdown:Do not feed the troll.

I agree. He came to the yanmar section and started talking someone there (a disable vet.) down about his tractor. I didn't feed him. He's like any other animal. If you continue to feed it. It will continue to show up

Status
Not open for further replies.