My "Super Duper" Drag

/ My "Super Duper" Drag #21  
Boy!- J_J borrowing your design? There's a compliment!!! Wish I had that for my 'deer-plot' activities, instead of just my mini ATV disc and chainlink! Ya might just have another 'clone' being 'born' up north!! Thanks! ~Scotty

Well, you have to give credit where credit is due. I will have to tailor mine to pull behind my Kubota-9200 HST 4WD I also have lots of steel.

/ My "Super Duper" Drag #22  
The pictures are of a drag that was given to me. I did a lot of maintance welding on the thing but did not build it for the original owner Originally the drag was pulled behind a truck with chains.

The chain anchor points were cut off and a 3pt frame work was welded on.As this thing was too heavy for me to move it around I use the jack to adjust the angle before doing any welding. BTW the angle is fixed.

On the rear of the drag is a long piece of rail road iron that floats behind the cutting edge to smooth out a ridges that are left when a rock or something rolls under the cutting edge. The RR iron hangs off a couple of spikes when transporting the drag on road.

This is just another way of doing the job, hope it gives you guys some ideas.

Attachments

• 2003_0102Image0010.JPG
    2003_0102Image0010.JPG
    470.6 KB · Views: 642
  • 2003_0102Image0011.JPG
    2003_0102Image0011.JPG
    232.4 KB · Views: 490
  • 2003_0102Image0009.JPG
    2003_0102Image0009.JPG
    475.3 KB · Views: 422
  • Drag for filling pot holes in road.JPG
    Drag for filling pot holes in road.JPG
    478 KB · Views: 422
  • 2003_0102Image0007.JPG
    2003_0102Image0007.JPG
    465.6 KB · Views: 480
  • 3 point mounting bracket.JPG
    3 point mounting bracket.JPG
    142.6 KB · Views: 442
   / My "Super Duper" Drag #24  
The pictures are of a drag that was given to me. I did a lot of maintance welding on the thing but did not build it for the original owner

Your drag looks like my theory: "The uglier it is, the better it will work.";) If my wife asks me to hide it, it's probably my favorite tool. Just check out my boxblade weight below.:D

Attachments

• Boxblade.jpg
    Boxblade.jpg
    153.7 KB · Views: 659
   / My "Super Duper" Drag
This is just another way of doing the job, hope it gives you guys some ideas.

Interesting idea. It sort of looks like a cross between a box blade and a drag. The thing about a drag that I like is that it follows the contour of the ground and doesn't really change anything, it just makes it smoother. That is my goal. The small bumps and low spots that it cuts off and fills is part of the process, but overall, it doesn't change the shape of the land.

With a boxblade, I'm dangerous. I'm one of those guys that just never figured it out and went to other means to get the results I wanted. Mostly I like my loader bucket. That is my first choice for finish work and what I use most often. The dozer is good for roughing in work, but with a 12 foot wide blade, and 40,000 pounds, I can only get it so smooth. From the seat, it looks perfect, but then walking on it, I see lots of little imperfections. The drag fixes those in just a few passes, where it would take me hours to get it right with the dozer. Sometimes I make it worse before making it better with the dozer.

My fear of attaching the drag to the lift arms of my tractor is that I will make waves in the land or create low spots that I didn't have before. I do like the idea of being able to pick it up, but don't think it's that big of a priority that I'd take the time to do so. Mostly, when I'm done with the drag, I just leave it where it is. When I need it, I go get it, use it and leave it there. Right now, it's out in the woods, hundreds of yards away from the house.

After the mud dries up, I'll run it around some more. I'm real excited about how it works and really wanting to use it as much as possible right now. What's really cool is that I went over an area around my new burn pile. Then I got on my tractor with the grapple on it and moves a bunch of debris from the woods to the burn pile. It was so nice driving over the smooth dirt!!!!

Eddie

/ My "Super Duper" Drag #26  
KC,

Does you drag move material the wrong way? To the shoulder instead of the crown?

/ My "Super Duper" Drag #27  
Your drag looks like my theory: "The uglier it is, the better it will work.";) If my wife asks me to hide it, it's probably my favorite tool. Just check out my boxblade weight below.:D

Hmmm?,
I have the same theory with women :)

/ My "Super Duper" Drag #28  
Shinnlinger, the angle is set to move the material to the crown of the road.

/ My "Super Duper" Drag #29  
Interesting idea. It sort of looks like a cross between a box blade and a drag. The thing about a drag that I like is that it follows the contour of the ground and doesn't really change anything, it just makes it smoother. That is my goal. The small bumps and low spots that it cuts off and fills is part of the process, but overall, it doesn't change the shape of the land.

With a boxblade,
My fear of attaching the drag to the lift arms of my tractor is that I will make waves in the land or create low spots that I didn't have before. I do like the idea of being able to pick it up, but don't think it's that big of a priority that I'd take the time to do so. Mostly, when I'm done with the drag, I just leave it where it is. When I need it, I go get it, use it and leave it there. Right now, it's out in the woods, hundreds of yards away from the house.
Eddie
My idea is to lift and lower it with the 3 point but dragging /towing it would be done with a chain so the drag would follow the contour of the ground and doesn't really change anything, it just makes it smoother.

/ My "Super Duper" Drag #30  
My idea is to lift and lower it with the 3 point but dragging /towing it would be done with a chain so the drag would follow the contour of the ground and doesn't really change anything, it just makes it smoother.

Then build one for one of your bota and post here.;) you got a dirt driveway to use it on don't ya ?:D