MY tax dollars at work

/ MY tax dollars at work #1  

frank_f15

Super Member, Rest in Peace
Tractor
kubota b2400- R4 tires
Every few years the town sends this down to cut back the brush along side the road, this year the guy made 3 passes and really cut it back, i was thrilled, nice to be able to pull out of drive with great line of sight. would i love to have my seat in that seat for a few hours:cool:

/ MY tax dollars at work
oops fprgot to add the pic.:(

Attachments

• P9070052.JPG
    P9070052.JPG
    79.7 KB · Views: 313
   / MY tax dollars at work #3  
You're obviously not paying enough in taxes. Our town (might be the state:confused: - I live on a state route) does it 2X each year:rolleyes:

/ MY tax dollars at work
hazmat said:
You're obviously not paying enough in taxes. Our town (might be the state:confused: - I live on a state route) does it 2X each year:rolleyes:

they come down 2 or 3 times a year for cutting the grass along the roadside but cut the brush back every year or 2 , and beleive me i PAY MORE THAN ENOUGH TAX:( :D

/ MY tax dollars at work #5  
frank_f15 said:
Every few years the town sends this down to cut back the brush along side the road, this year the guy made 3 passes and really cut it back, i was thrilled, nice to be able to pull out of drive with great line of sight. would i love to have my seat in that seat for a few hours:cool:

After they run that thing down a road here to cut back the brush and trees, it looks like a disaster area for a while. The cuts in the larger branches (looks like up to 3-4") are anything but clean and the pieces are strewn all over the road. I've never seen it in operation but it must be a sight! The "cab" is made out of heavy duty expanded metal screen.

WVBill

/ MY tax dollars at work #6  
frank_f15 said:

My office sits along side of a railroad right-of-way. There's a pair of tracks that run north/south. Every spring and every fall, they come through with a rig that trims everything with-in 15' of the tracks. It is an awsome sight to behold! Sounds like a tornado. I'm trying to catch it passing by to get a few pictures.

It rides on the rails, so I doubt I can get them to mow my pond bank :(

/ MY tax dollars at work #7  
Farmwithjunk said:
It rides on the rails, so I doubt I can get them to mow my pond bank :(

Mornin Farm,
Well, I guess your just gonna have to learn to lay track :)

/ MY tax dollars at work #8  
frank_f15 said:
would i love to have my seat in that seat for a few hours:cool:

Frank, when I looked at that picture I could only think that if I was operating that rig, there would not be a single power pole left standing between your driveway and the highway.:eek: :rolleyes:

/ MY tax dollars at work #9  
The last time the guy came by to clear the brush on our humble little county road, he took out a tree that was 8-10" in diameter at the base. I figured he wanted to challenge himself, or maybe he just finished an irritating cell phone call.

Mike

/ MY tax dollars at work #10  
I had the same machine and some yahoo driving it come by and clear our bridge easement a few weeks ago. He took it into the trees and actually topped a few of them off before he got to the sides.

One wonders why you would top a tree ---- just because you could.

-Mike Z.