My twisted sense of humor-what's yours?

/ My twisted sense of humor-what's yours? #1  

Root Cause

Platinum Member
Tractor
Mahindra 2638
I blame my Dad for having a dry, twisted sense of humor that few others appreciate.

I once told my wife that I could only laugh at her if she stopped laughing. In retrospect, that didn't go over well either.

So I just saw this headline and wondered, how will we tell the two companies apart.
1636759720380.png

Wondering if anyone here has the same affliction and would like to share?

Last edited:
   / My twisted sense of humor-what's yours? #2  
I blame my Dad for having a dry, twisted sense of humor that few others appreciate.
I once told my wife that I could only laugh at her if she stopped laughing. In retrospect, that didn't go over well either.

So I just saw this headline and wondered, how will we know which one is which once they break into two companies.
View attachment 720586

It's easy, The brand name on one will be Johnson and the brand name on the other will be Johnson.
Eric

/ My twisted sense of humor-what's yours? #4  

So I just saw this headline and wondered, how will we know which one is which once they break into two companies.
View attachment 720586

Actually, that made nearly spit out my coffee, so we must find the same types of things funny.

/ My twisted sense of humor-what's yours? #5  
Co 1 - Johnson
Co 2 - & Johnson

or

Co 1 - Johnson &
Co 2 - Johnson

easy peasey.

/ My twisted sense of humor-what's yours?
Co 1 - Johnson
Co 2 - & Johnson

or

Co 1 - Johnson &
Co 2 - Johnson

easy peasey
Maybe not so easy- whoever gets stuck with the "&" is going to have a hard time creating a .com. I see a legal battle looming.

/ My twisted sense of humor-what's yours? #7  
This isn't funny, but I suspect that everything you are used to seeing will still be Johnson & Johnson. One company will be consumer products that you would buy in a store. The other company will be pharmaceutical and medical devices.

Consumer products have a thinner profit margin and not as much procedural regulation as the medical world. So it is two different types of business, but I don't know what's driving the split.

/ My twisted sense of humor-what's yours? #8  
They've already said the medical device company will be called J&J. It sounds like they are leaving the consumer side name up in the air for now.

/ My twisted sense of humor-what's yours? #9  
Protection from the Baby Powder litigation...

The two new CEOs have already been named.

They're brothers...the oldest is Darryl, the second oldest is Darryl...

/ My twisted sense of humor-what's yours? #10  
Whenever I see company splits I always figure there is a tax dodge in the making or a sell off of a non profitable division.
Some firms send the profitable units offshore to avoid taxes and load expenses onto the 'shore' portion and get subsidies to keep them afloat.
Good example is royalties go offshore and the actual product or ingredients sales stay in country.
It is usually all about corporate taxes or non payment thereof.