My two Stihl's.

/ My two Stihl's. #1  

Topkicker

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kubota L2501
These two saws have served me well. One is a MS290 and the other is a MS210. Both have served me well. Nothing like the smell of wood chips when cutting through a tree.:thumbsup:

030209_006.jpg

/ My two Stihl's. #2  
Very nice! I have two Stihls myself. (and my wife thinks I am the only person who takes photos of his chainsaws!) :)

/ My two Stihl's. #3  
I agree, there is nothing like the smell of wood cutting on a beautiful fall day, or any other day I guess. Many of my work mates think cutting wood is a waste of time and energy when reaching for the thermostat seems so much easier. Granted, just adjusting the thermostat upward is much easier but cutting firewood for heating the house is in no way a waste of time.

Oh sure, there's some injury risk involved but not so much if one takes the necessary precautions but the feeling of bringing a wagon load of fresh cut firewood home to the family is priceless. I plan on cutting on until I physically can no longer do it. I hope I have at least 20 years left in me.

I haven't taken pictures of my saws just yet but when my new Echo 450 arrived last week I was like a kid on Christmas morning. I understand your passion. Not everyone gets the love of the chainsaw gift. We're just lucky I guess.

/ My two Stihl's. #4  
Good Morning JDGREEN4ME. Tell your wife she's incorrect. Your not the only one who takes pictures of his saws. I have 3 Stihls which the 2 bigger saws have cut claose to 5,000 cord of wood each. The saw on the right was run over by my tractor, thats when i decided to carry them on the front of the dump trailor. I can dump a load of wood and not worry about crushing a saw. Happy New Year. . . John :dance1:

Attachments

• Dump trailor 0088.jpg
    Dump trailor 0088.jpg
    332.7 KB · Views: 511
   / My two Stihl's. #5  
While I don't have pictures, I'm another big fan of Stihl saws. :thumbsup:

I have three. A 011, 024, and 046 Magnum. As soon as I eat breakfast, I'm going to put them to work. Time to add to the collection of next winter's firewood. :cool:

/ My two Stihl's. #6  
Best reason for having a fireplace is it justifies owning and running chainsaws!

I've got an ms-660 and a ms-361 and have a blast running them both.

/ My two Stihl's. #7  
Yes, It's nice when wood cutting, hauling, splitting, stacking and burning is still at the hobby stage. I hope to keep mine in that stage as long as I can. I do like my Stihl 460, 361, 029, and 026 saws as well. Happy cutting to all the wood heat people out there!:thumbsup:

/ My two Stihl's. #8  
There might be a stihl or 2 in this pic that I took to a racing gtg. Only the fastest cutting saws made this trip.

Copyof166extras035.jpg

/ My two Stihl's. #9  
happy cutting fellows
looks like my last year for sawing after 20 years
vibration of saws 026 and 038 causing to much pain in my arms to continue

I have outdoor stove for 15 years now so will have to hire woodcuting done

I will certainly miss my time in the woods

/ My two Stihl's. #10  
happy cutting fellows
looks like my last year for sawing after 20 years
vibration of saws 026 and 038 causing to much pain in my arms to continue

I have outdoor stove for 15 years now so will have to hire woodcuting done

I will certainly miss my time in the woods

Sorry to hear about this.

Try saws with the coil spring AV. Much smoother and almost no vibrations are felt.

026 038 have solid rubber AV