My view

/ My view #61  
plowing my neighbors drive. view 1.jpg

/ My view
My view today... Notice how big the weeds are, they cross over from side to side.

image-3045737246.jpg

/ My view
That looks like bamboo, is it? Might be a market for that also if it is not the spreading kind. Some folks like it for privacy fencing

Gary I wish it was bamboo.. It's actually called false cane( like in sugar cane) what sucks is that the only way to cut it down is with machete. If you use round up( it kills it) then it won't even take a ninja sword. :-(

If you cut it down then spray it when it's starting to grow you can control it.

I have used weed eaters with both string and blade, tree pruner and chain saw. All it's does is tangle up the machines. I even used one of those Troy built walk behind bush mowers and I lost.

All I can do is when I walk by one is chop it or yank them out.

It's been my biggest battle on the farm.

/ My view #67  
Gary I wish it was bamboo.. It's actually called false cane( like in sugar cane) what sucks is that the only way to cut it down is with machete. If you use round up( it kills it) then it won't even take a ninja sword. :-(

If you cut it down then spray it when it's starting to grow you can control it.

I have used weed eaters with both string and blade, tree pruner and chain saw. All it's does is tangle up the machines. I even used one of those Troy built walk behind bush mowers and I lost.

All I can do is when I walk by one is chop it or yank them out.

It's been my biggest battle on the farm.
I have an easier solution for you than a machete, get a saw blade for your string trimmer and you can slice that stuff like a hot knife in butter. I looked at them at the Stihl shop and decide that $60 was a bit much. I had a couple of extra 7 1/4 Skil saw blades so I found one with the right sized arbor and just bolted it on with some adapters that I had from a string trimmer. It worked great cutting my fence line that was grown up in sawbriar 1/2" thick and small bushes and saplings. It saws thru a 1" sapling with just a touch. It is dangerous machine so be careful. You do need a straight shaft trimmer supposedly but my brother in law used one on a curved shaft without immediate problems. It might wear on the cable but those things are cheap @ $70.
If you want to spend $500 get the Stihl with the bicycle handle bars for greater control. I think Echo makes something similar also.

/ My view #68  
I have an easier solution for you than a machete, get a saw blade for your string trimmer and you can slice that stuff like a hot knife in butter. I looked at them at the Stihl shop and decide that $60 was a bit much. I had a couple of extra 7 1/4 Skil saw blades so I found one with the right sized arbor and just bolted it on with some adapters that I had from a string trimmer. It worked great cutting my fence line that was grown up in sawbriar 1/2" thick and small bushes and saplings. It saws thru a 1" sapling with just a touch. It is dangerous machine so be careful. You do need a straight shaft trimmer supposedly but my brother in law used one on a curved shaft without immediate problems. It might wear on the cable but those things are cheap @ $70.
If you want to spend $500 get the Stihl with the bicycle handle bars for greater control. I think Echo makes something similar also.

Man Gary that sounds scary!:shocked: You be carefull also!

/ My view #69  
I've one of the older big stihl trimmers and i have one of the brush blades. I've cut 2" saplings with it!
Where it really shines is cutting the suckers (shoots) from my blueberries. It slices right through that stuff.

/ My view
My weed eater has an attachment for a metal blade... I tried it once and it didn't do much.
Maybe if I put a knife edge on it, it might work better.

If not I will try a blade.

I wonder if the farm has work comp insurance...lmao