My Welding Projects

/ My Welding Projects #11  
I think you're off to a good start. Only one way to go and that's up! Keep practicing and posting pictures of your results and members like Shield Arc will help you reach your potential. Don't get too down on yourself at this stage of the game-it is a journey after all.

/ My Welding Projects
I have been doing some more welding. I finished I project that I have had in my head, but what is it? Any guesses? I will picture it assembled after I paint it.

I also will show some of the welds that I did. Some of them have some undercut. I have seen people try to show what undercut looks like in photos, but I believe that is much easier to spot in person. I believe that some of this undercut could be solved by pausing more at the end of my zig zags to deposit more material. I lowered the voltage slightly on a few welds and they looked a little colder with more material buildup. shown below are some of the better welds.

In the one picture, the slag makes it look like cold lap to me except it looks like undercut in person. I need to clean the weld up a little more. It is a little hard to get in there.

Attachments

• P1030378.jpg
    P1030378.jpg
    958.6 KB · Views: 239
  • P1030380.jpg
    P1030380.jpg
    876.3 KB · Views: 223
  • P1030384.jpg
    P1030384.jpg
    883.7 KB · Views: 213
   / My Welding Projects
No guesses as to what it is? I guess a finished picture will help. I angled the uprights forward so that I would not have to adjust my top link so much compared to my other implements. I should be well overbuilt compared to the torque that is applied to the drawbar.

Attachments

• P1030388.jpg
    P1030388.jpg
    848.5 KB · Views: 249
   / My Welding Projects #14  
Lookin' good! What are all the holes for in the bottom bar?

/ My Welding Projects #16  
No guesses as to what it is? I guess a finished picture will help. I angled the uprights forward so that I would not have to adjust my top link so much compared to my other implements. I should be well overbuilt compared to the torque that is applied to the drawbar.

Good looking setup. Your welds are coming along real nice.