My wife torments me

/ My wife torments me #91  
And now for something completely different.
On October 4th of this year a pickup truck towing a large trailer showed up on my lane and as I live at the end of a dead end road I thought Yup another one took the wrong turn and lots o luck turning that thing around.
Well this fellow jigged that thing about untill he was able to back onto my driveway to turn around but he keeps backing up and I thought ok so now he wants directions and I go out to talk to him.

He says "is this the right place"? I say "well that would depend, it's the right place for me but I don't know what your doing here." He says " well I was told to drop something off here" I say" What?" He Crookes his thumb and points at the trailer and says" That. I look at the trailer and it has a tractor on it, an orange tractor no less. I say " No I don't think so" he says " well I was told to drop it off here" as he's getting out of the truck. Then he starts to undo the hold down straps and I say " Look Buddie what part of I didn't order a tractor and it don't belong here don't you get? He keeps un doing straps. Then he pulls out the ramps and "I say would you quit that" and he says "I can't get the tractor off of the trailer with out them" and then he ignores me. I'm getting ready to deck him.

He gets onto the tractor and fires it up and says "Nice dogs" I say"to **** with the dogs" he backs the tractor off of the trailer. I'm getting mad and he says "well it's pretty late in the season so would you like me to give you a hand taking the mower off?" I say "NO, just load it back up and get out of here, somebody else is waiting for this".

Then he walks on over to where I was standing with a big smile and says "Yup she was right, you wouldn't have a clue and would argue a blue streak"
I say "WHO" and he says"Your wife" and I say "what has my wife got to do with this?" and he says" well she bought it for you, something to do with your birthday" and I say "Bullsh*t my birthday was last month" and he says"I know, it was all part of the plan so that you wouldn't get wise to it" Then to remove all doubt he perfectly described my wife.

Then as he was about to drive away he says"have fun and don't be too hard on her, she loves yuh man and she was tired of watching you kill yourself with that walk behind blower in the winter and walk behind mower in the summer plus tilling the garden".

When my wife got home from town (her shopping trip had also been part of the plan) she walked in the door and "said Happy Unbirthday Babes" I didn't know whether to kill her or to kiss her, in the end I did the latter.

And that is how I got my Kubota Bx2350 with a fel, mmm, Buhler 500 snow blower and a buhler tiller.
It now has 200 loving hours on the clock.

There are good ones out there, I was just lucky to find one.

Thanks for sharing that. There sure are good ones; been married to mine for 43 years.:thumbsup:

What some seem to overlook is that you have to "be" a good one to get a good one; well maybe not in my case, but usually.:eek:

/ My wife torments me #92  
Thanks for sharing that. There sure are good ones; been married to mine for 43 years.:thumbsup:

What some seem to overlook is that you have to "be" a good one to get a good one; well maybe not in my case, but usually.:eek:

Thanks, and your right it goes both ways. Funny thing is that she said that lying to me about fake shopping trips, fake Dr. appointments etc. while she was dealing on the tractor, yuh know to keep it a secret and a surprise was the hardest thing that she had ever done. She said that she knew how I felt about birthdays and didn't want me to tell her to return it so it had to be sort of done after the fact.

She also said that she knew full well how stubborn and bull headed I can be and that if she had brought it up I would have said Naw, the walk behinds are still in good shape and will do the job besides if I really needed a tractor I would just go out and buy one

Women are sneaky that way. And bless them for it.

Also it seems that the former owner of Buhler Allied was also in on this little
scheme. Seems like yuh just can't trust no one, no how, no more.

/ My wife torments me #93  
Beware. You are apt to be assinated so they can step in line to get her next!
:thumbsup: My guard is up, and dogs are in full security mode. With four Great Danes and two Dobermans I think I'm pretty safe. But I'll still gun any one carrying a box of chocolates and smelling of Old Spice off of the porch.:)

/ My wife torments me #94  
Thanks, and your right it goes both ways. Funny thing is that she said that lying to me about fake shopping trips, fake Dr. appointments etc. while she was dealing on the tractor, yuh know to keep it a secret and a surprise was the hardest thing that she had ever done. She said that she knew how I felt about birthdays and didn't want me to tell her to return it so it had to be sort of done after the fact.

She also said that she knew full well how stubborn and bull headed I can be and that if she had brought it up I would have said Naw, the walk behinds are still in good shape and will do the job besides if I really needed a tractor I would just go out and buy one

Women are sneaky that way. And bless them for it.

Also it seems that the former owner of Buhler Allied was also in on this little
scheme. Seems like yuh just can't trust no one, no how, no more.

My wife would be afraid to do something like that. One time we went to buy a B2920 and got a BX2660, another time I was looking for a B3200 or L3400 and got a L5030 HSTC and finally a M8540 instead of a M7040.:eek:

/ My wife torments me #95  
David, it sounds like you have one of the best providers out there. Mine has given me two .44' mags to help protect her and hunt with on Occasion. Jy.

/ My wife torments me #97  
Yeah, mine bought me a 22 MAG mini revolver for Christmas last year. When she asked what I wanted the year I told her a Glock 40 . She looked at me and said how much are those? Not, you don't need another gun. :thumbsup:

Chris